Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cyclebreaker (41), monkeybusinessinky (28), Tom Byrnes (55), wind west (30)
Who's Online
1 registered (Obi), 17 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63219 Topics
442062 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#153679 - 05/01/07 08:59 AM Re: When do the nightmares stop??? [Re: roadrunner]
pain4ever Offline

Thank you all for some strategies on how to curb this. I will talk to my doctor and see if there is something he can prescribe. For some reason my old trick of letting things out emotionally is failing me, I don't know what happened but I am blocked. Its like the anger and pain is no longer conscious but subconscious. The dreams seem so real to me and it is almost like I am reliving it. So many times I have been abused and they keep coming back. Fortunately it seems live they don't repeat that often. Maybe my mind is ridding me of this stuff.

Last night was bad again and I simply stayed up most the night instead of going back to sleep. However this is difficult because I drive 270 miles to work (round trip) everyday. I live in the house I was abused in, we are working on moving.

Edited by pain4ever (05/01/07 09:05 AM)

#153713 - 05/01/07 01:19 PM Re: When do the nightmares stop??? [Re: roadrunner]
OKIE MIKE Offline

Loc: HULBERT OK
I was raped while serving in the US Army in the fall of 1977
I have ben hospitalised on 3 diffrent occations over the years
and have tryed every thing that I know of . but I still have reocuring nightmares
I wish there wsa an easy aunser

"I HAD NO SHOES THEN I SAW A MAN THAT HAD NO FEET"

"All I can do is be me, whoever that is"

#153729 - 05/01/07 02:19 PM Re: When do the nightmares stop??? [Re: pain4ever]
Morning Star Offline

Loc: Home
Nightmares especially similar repetitive ones represent repressed childhood fears.

It is the trapped energy that is expressing itself through your dreams.

Your job now would be to revisit them each time as you wake up from them and 'change them' in your favour.

Do it repeatedly till there is no more fear left within.

A short prayer before sleeping requesting your guides and angel to be with you and guide you through sleep would be an excellent idea, so that you are safe in your dreams as well.

Why Don't People Heal, by Caroline Myss; 30 days to clean up your vibrations - Abraham-Hicks

#153737 - 05/01/07 02:31 PM Re: When do the nightmares stop??? [Re: Morning Star]
pain4ever Offline

Morning Star,
I will try the dream....remapping...hopefully that will work.

I hate to bring up a sensitive point but...but my faith in a higher power has been gone for a long time. No higher power would let what happened to me happen.

#153892 - 05/02/07 04:58 AM Re: When do the nightmares stop??? [Re: pain4ever]
Morning Star Offline

Loc: Home
That higher power is actually your inner self, just different names that's all.

Why Don't People Heal, by Caroline Myss; 30 days to clean up your vibrations - Abraham-Hicks

#153911 - 05/02/07 08:20 AM Re: When do the nightmares stop??? [Re: roadrunner]
pain4ever Offline

Larry,

You said "The trick is to try to keep present and focus on things that are real." for flashbacks, those are finally subsiding unless a sound or smell triggers me. I can't play "Sonic the Hedgehog" The music launches a fit of uncontrollable shaking. My father brought a Sega home one day, the smae day he started to abuse me, while that music was playing.

Anyway back on track.

The dreams are so real it is amazing and if I don't wake up, which is what happens most times, it feels like I was just abused again. My god how can they feel so real! How do I separate that??? How can I stop that??

I used to opiate pain killers because I had horrific migraines. Which by the way stopped when I started coming out with all of this and started the healing process. That facinated me, my body actually physically manifested serious problems as a result of holding this all in.

Sorry derailed again.

The opiates became an easy way of coping with things. oxycotin, Vicodin, Stadol, I used them all. But this is getting worse, the issues, and I did a stupid thing last night, I bought some pills off the street just to sleep and be good for a few hours. I now thats a terrible thing but I havent been in therapy for 4 months due to losing my insurance and now I have to find a therapist because of the move. I went through 4 before I found a good one in the past. Its just all too much at once!!!

#153912 - 05/02/07 08:28 AM Re: When do the nightmares stop??? [Re: pain4ever]
pain4ever Offline

!!Triggers!!

Logan,

You said "One thing that You and Larry recently suggest I do is express these very unplessant, disturbing, ragefull, PAINFULL emotions."

You know its great that I can dish out the advice but you know what, I am blocked. I can't seem to get them out again. I was conditioned to be "Suck it up" when I was being abused and if I screamed it got worse, if I cried it got worse. Now in the event I want to share with my partner, he says just let it out, and I CAN'T. I went into the woods and tried my old trick of screming and yelling and it didn't work.

I know my emotions are back there because I will literally start crying at songs at the radio by myself in the car on the way home from work. I notice times when I will be with people and I will smell or hear something and without actually feeling sad or mad, a tear will come running down my check!!! Its so weird, has anyone else had that happen??

damned conditioning.

#153965 - 05/02/07 02:33 PM Re: When do the nightmares stop??? [Re: pain4ever]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Brian,

Originally Posted By: pain4ever
Larry,

You said "The trick is to try to keep present and focus on things that are real." for flashbacks, those are finally subsiding unless a sound or smell triggers me. I can't play "Sonic the Hedgehog" The music launches a fit of uncontrollable shaking. My father brought a Sega home one day, the smae day he started to abuse me, while that music was playing.

Do you see what you are doing here, bro? You are taking control and fighting back. In the past you probably just collapsed as a flashback hit you - that would be the normal response to something so traumatic. But now you are daring to look at the flashbacks to see what you can do to stop them. You see, for example, that there are certain pieces of music that you should not play.

Good! Now you know what to avoid. But even the idea of taking this step is something new, and it shows a lot of confidence that you probably did not have in the past. This is in itself something to celebrate!

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#153986 - 05/02/07 04:09 PM Re: When do the nightmares stop??? [Re: pain4ever]
Jowes Offline
MaleSurvivor

I am beginning to experience longer and longer periods of time without nightmares. I believe what is helping me is to talk about them with my therapist...talk,talk,talk. I have been in intensive analysis for over two years - three times a week - and some of the things we talk most about are my nightmares which I have had all my life. The more talking we do the less power they have, and I even have begun to have what I think normal people have - normal dreams! So from my experience there is hope - don't give up. Talking about them brings them out in the open and they lose their secret, scary power, and I learn so much about myself and my history from my dreams that I can never remember awake. That's my experience.

Hopeful,
John

#154120 - 05/03/07 08:16 AM Re: When do the nightmares stop??? [Re: Jowes]
pain4ever Offline

Guys, I just wanted to say I had my first nightmare free night in 6 weeks!!! Thank you for your help, even one night of peace to me is so precious.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.