Newest Members
journey4two, VASurvivor, jayceemac, rwolf, FindingNemo
12328 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alicia (55), bubblytam (56), crazydragon (39), JGag78 (36), kris82 (32), Shin (28)
Who's Online
2 registered (CafeMan, Obi), 25 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12328 Members
74 Forums
63396 Topics
443250 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#15334 - 12/10/01 12:25 PM Re: DId you know going to the gym can be stressful?
getteddie Offline

Loc: Cub Hill, Md
Terry;
Wow, that was brave! You are a great insperation to me! I just had a major back operation 11 days ago and feel like shit but what freaked me out the most was my doctor telling me that after I heal...I should work out at a gym to build up so my back doesn't fall apart again! I thought that there was no way I could ever go to a gym and still... may not but your post gives me a little hope!!!!!The last time I used an indoor pool, I wore my bathing suit under my paints before and after...didn't go near the dressing room or showers...a little wet afterwards but I didn't freak out!!!! The time before that...like you said all the men were walking around nude in the showers and dressing room...both completly open with some men making a point out of looking at you! And most of them never came out to swim or use the gym...they were still in there when I left???????? Never went back!!!!!!!

Sorry about what happened to you in Baltimore, can be a very rough town! I don't know if the people are diferent here or what, I was raped lots of times when I was a kid! Take care and keep going if you can!

Eddie

#15335 - 12/11/01 04:53 AM Re: DId you know going to the gym can be stressful?
Redsongbird Offline
MaleSurvivor

Eddie - sorry to hear about your back surgery. I had surgery about 12 years ago. It was the bst thing I had ever done. Immediately the pain was gone but I did have to work on some excercises to get flexible.

Well, for this next week I am not going to the gym because I just passed kidneystones. And found out I have gallstones. But I am going to do this gallblader flush procedure that hopefully will work and then I wont have to have THAT surgery. Right now I have no insurance and just can't afford it.

I am also sorry to hear that you were raped when you were a child. Some people. Ugh.
Hope you recover fast from your surgery.

Terry (redsongbird)

#15336 - 12/11/01 11:13 AM Re: DId you know going to the gym can be stressful?
SoCalJohn Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Los Angeles, California
Terry,

I think your doing great, i cant handle going to any gym, just dont do that one at all, i get all freaked out, super self conscious and then the panic starts creeping in,,

So,, yeah,, i think your doing great.

John

I asked him about this law he spoke of, he said,,, *watch* he then asked the others to share about their lives,,, the others talked of how things were for them, how things worked in their lives,,, and as they believed, it was so.

#15337 - 12/12/01 01:33 PM Re: DId you know going to the gym can be stressful?
Redsongbird Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thanks John. I am sort of waitng to make sure I feel better from this passing of Kidneystones than I am planning on going back. But each time it takes some courage to go. I see you are from LA. I lived out there for 10 years. I really miss going to the beach to think about things. Do you get to the beach often?

Terry

#15338 - 12/12/01 09:16 PM Re: DId you know going to the gym can be stressful?
SoCalJohn Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Los Angeles, California
Terry,

Yeah,, i get to the beach pretty regular during the summer months, especially, a regular routine for me and my four kids is to go to breakfast on sunday morning, spend part of the day hiking in the santa monica mountains and then to the beach to cool off some before we head home,, makes a long day usually and always fun.

I sometimes go to the beach to air out my head a bit,, its always good for that one.

I am pretty much a california kinda guy all the way,, i cant imagine living anywhere else right now.

Talk to ya soon,

John

I asked him about this law he spoke of, he said,,, *watch* he then asked the others to share about their lives,,, the others talked of how things were for them, how things worked in their lives,,, and as they believed, it was so.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.