Newest Members
andrewmartin, Aurigny, Luther, LuckyCharm, Jennifer Lyons
12251 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Beyond Abuse (51), dona (55), JoMiFa (35), norbrill1 (62), RubyRoberts (62)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 36 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12252 Members
73 Forums
63106 Topics
441316 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#153296 - 04/29/07 12:25 PM Report post?
VN Offline
MaleSurvivor

I reported yesterday a post that I felt was not in proper place, because of what it is about, and that I feel it could cause discomfort for the person it is about, as it is not them who post it at all, but someone else. It is not been moved or changed, and nothing is been notified to me, but when I tried again to report it as it is still there, it will not allow me, it say it is been reported to moderaters. I am not sure of what to do if I do not know even anyone have look at it yet, as it is still in same place it was yesterday.

VN

#153322 - 04/29/07 05:15 PM Re: Report post? [Re: VN]
Brian Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Upstate NY
Visha,

I did not get a report so send me a PM and I will look into it.

Brian

#153330 - 04/29/07 07:32 PM Re: Report post? [Re: Brian]
EGL Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Visha,

I've had this problem as well with the Report Post function not working. It's irritating, to be sure. When I questioned this a while back, I believe we were told the function works sometimes and sometimes it doesn't, and that it would be best to contact a moderator directly with any concerns.

Personally, I wish they would just disable to Report Post function if it is really this unreliable.

#153377 - 04/29/07 11:59 PM Re: Report post? [Re: EGL]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Guys,

Part of the problem is that us as mods occasionally are not around because of personal or business issues. If you push the "notify" button and report a post, the report goes to the moderator who is listed as mod in that particular forum. If he's not available for a few days or more, your report will not be answered right away. We have a couple of the mods who are currently on extended leave or on vacation or business trips. If you do not receive a reply that may be the reason.

I know I try to answer any mod alerts asap when there is a report made on a forum I moderate, but even then there may be a delay of 24 or more hours depending on my own personal life activities.

Please be as patient as you can in this regard, but at the same time do not be afraid to send a PM to any mod you know is currently posting. We are all equipped to deal with an issue or know who to turn to to take care of a problem if we get a notification even if it's a PM rather than a mod alert.

Thanks so much to each of you who are watching. Like Hillary Clinton says, "It takes a village."

Lots of love,

John

Edited by walkingsouth (04/29/07 11:59 PM)

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.