Newest Members
Jay1159, jon-jon, want more, pgh15217, Barracuda312
12343 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
GeneF48 (66), kun wang (32)
Who's Online
10 registered (Jay1946, caesar14, Going forward, kcinohio, 4 invisible), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12343 Members
74 Forums
63438 Topics
443459 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#15287 - 05/06/03 06:47 AM Hope and Springtime
hanginon Offline

Loc: sarasota, fl
Dear brothers,
Last week, I was looking for hope. Hope to get better and to heal the wounds of my past, hope that this was possible and I was not "doomed" to a lifetime of dispair and misery.

My T is working out well for me. I made some major breakthroughs last week about my anger and the shame that is so closely tied to the rage inside of me. I finally watched the movie, "Ma Vie en Rose" (My Life in Pink), which my T recommended I see. It helped me tremendously!

So much so, I finally agreed to see my ex-partner to talk about our recent split up. I was strong and vulnerable with him, honest about the work I've done and how much getting to a new plateau has been good for me. I surprisingly didn't feel pangs of hurt or regret around my "failed" relationship. I understand why this happened and am grateful that we are not together. I love him deeply, but I don't actually like him very much - if that makes sense.

At any rate, we spent a couple hours talking and walking our dogs and I left with a sense of dignity that I had lost since I spent Christmas with him and his family. I left him, went to a nursery and bought some plants, went home and planted them in the garden as a symbol of my new life without him in it.

I am sad that love eluded us in the end but thankful that I have the ability to leave it behind me. I feel GOOD and had an amazing Sunday afternoon with a fellow survivor in Washington, DC.

There is hope, brothers. It gets better if you work at making it so. I hope you all have a peaceful week.

John

(caminante, no hay camino, se hace camino al andar...)

Antonio Machado

#15288 - 05/06/03 08:14 AM Re: Hope and Springtime
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
John
Dignity is something we fight so hard for, we've been deprived of it for far too long.

I'm glad you found yours, I hope the plants grow as well as you do.

Dave

#15289 - 05/06/03 12:30 PM Re: Hope and Springtime
Muldoon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: St Paul MN
John Glad to hear that things are moving forward in your life. Enjoy the plants as they grow and you begin a season of healing. Muldoon

#15290 - 05/06/03 04:30 PM Re: Hope and Springtime
Wuamei Offline

Loc: The left turn I should have ta...
John this is so good to hear. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Victor

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.