Newest Members
GKB, MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS, BookHouseBoy
12465 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
isol8er (43), omrfople (38)
Who's Online
7 registered (BuffaloCO, JW1230, Shyshark, myrlin, 3 invisible), 16 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12465 Members
74 Forums
63998 Topics
446688 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#152270 - 04/22/07 07:02 PM Re: Feeling like a Fool [Re: Daniel Peter]
dan17 Offline

I'm sorry you got hurt

i wish there was some way I could help you

you're really an inspiration

#152352 - 04/23/07 09:13 AM Re: Feeling like a Fool [Re: dan17]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
This thread has turned into complicated but really important territory and I just want to say (again) that it seems to me we are not all talking about the same thing.

Some of us are talking about sexual boundaries as an idea thsat's clear in our own minds, to which I would say, fine - that's good. But the point is that young children don't have clear ideas about either sex or boundaries yet. Can a child's play be "sexual" if the child has no sexual purpose in mind and has no idea about sex yet? I remember one evening I came to check on my son in the bath, and there he was, lying in the bubbles with an erection, pretending it was a space rocket taking off. Was that sexual? Not for him.

There's also the problem that some of us are talking about what should occur, while others are talking about what does occur. When I point out that kids are curious about their bodies, including their sexual parts, I'm not commenting on whether that's a good thing or not. I'm just saying this is a well-attested fact, going right back to the Kinsey reports (that is, almost 60 years ago).

I also think we have to acknowledge that our own take on the sexuality of children is full of big triggers for us. Some of this stuff can feel REALLY dangerous at an immediate personal level, but if one guy says his experience is such-and-such, let's not gang up on him for just stating what he saw or remembers.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.