Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
drivejoepublic (44), eagle299 (43), H18 (21), JJJ (43), mariposaman (63), SevenTwoTwo76 (39), TexAgMan (37), waiter (44), wgwarch (55)
Who's Online
6 registered (highflight, don64, bluesky, tbkkfile, Dave PNW, 1 invisible), 50 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63585 Topics
444225 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#144019 - 03/04/07 04:32 PM What is Your Bodies PH?
TJ jeff Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Northern Wisconsin
I think pretty much everyone understands how important the ph level in a pool is - without the proper ph level - the pool will turn green with algae

what I have just recently learned is that ph is very important to the human body as well - without the proper ph level our own bodies can become much like a 'cess pool' inside

so... - why is proper ph level even important? - well - think of the way that acid eats away at steel - do you really want that acid eating away at the inside of your body? - high acid levels in the body can also cause mutations at the cellular level which can lead to all kids of health problems - such as... Obesity, Diabetes and Hypoglycemia, Fatigue, Mental health and mood disorders, alergies/sickness/decreased imune system, even cancer...

ok - so how does the problem start? - well... - basicaly everything that one buys in the stores to eat in America nowadays is very processed - processed foods are ALWAYS acidic - our foods have been geneticaly engineered to the point where our bodies do not even recognize them as foods anymore - toxic pesticides and limited fertalization have also led to the problems of acidity in foods

ok - we all have to eat - so the question is... - how do we offset the acidic food that we are dumping into our systems? - basicaly the only way to do that is to add more alkaline forming foods to our diets (natural/organic foods) - so what is an alkaline forming food and what is a acid forming food? - I'll add a list below...

Alkaline forming foods (listed from most alkaline to least)

Soy Lecithin, Wheat Grass, Cucumber, Soy Sprouts, Barley Grass, Kamut Grass, Cayenne Pepper, Radish, Avocado, Spinach, Garlic, Celery, Tomato, Green Beans, Lima Beans, Navy Beans, Carrots, Lemon, Lime, Banana unripe, Zucchini, Cabbage, Almonds, Cauliflower, Artichoke, Olive Oil, Tofu, Asparagus, Peas, Sesame Seeds, Lettuce, Onion

Acid forming foods (listed from most acidic to least)

Vinegar, Pork, Veal, Soy Sauce, Beef, Fruit Juice with added sugar, Liquor, White Rice, Beer, Artificial Sweeteners, Coffee, Eggs, Ocean Fish, Chicken, Mustard, Hard Cheese, Sugar, Wine, Peanuts, Pineapple, Ketchup, Brown Rice, White Bread, Wheat, Corn, ripe Banana, Peach, natural pkg'd Fruit Juice, Margarine, Strawberry, Butter, Cantaloupe, Watermelon, Rye Bread

Remember - it is about impossible to not eat acidic things (there are nutrients in acidic things that out bodies do need) - the KEY thing to remember here is... - for every acidic thing you put into your body, you need to put something of equal alkalinity into your body to offset it

soo... - how do we know if our body is acidic or alkaline?

the easiest way is to pick up a role of Litmus paper (which should come with a ph color chart)(easily found at most health food stores - or online) and head to the bathrooom (in the morning before you eat or drink anything is the most accurate time) - you want to check both urine and saliva ph levels (I keep a chart of both so i can track it) - 5.5 to 6.2 is acidic - 6.4 to 6.8 is neautral - 7.0 to 8.0 is alkaline

I myself just started checking my ph just this last month - I was shocked to find that my urine ph was actualy below 5.5 (literaly burnt the paper white)(which explains the burning sensation while urinating - acid does burn - and that is sensitive tissue) - my saliva ph was averaging 6.2 - through just adding more alkaline foods to my diet I am slowly seeing my acidity levels decrease - it is a slow process - but it is the healthy thing to do for the body

Guys... - you check your engine oil because it is important to you that the motor does'nt blow up - please check your own oil so as that your own motor does'nt blow up...

TJ jeff

Abuse happens in silence/isolation - Recovery happens only when that silence/isolation is broken...

TJ's History

#144051 - 03/04/07 09:36 PM Re: What is Your Bodies PH? [Re: TJ jeff]
markgreyblue Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Pasadena, CA
i hear pork is not a good meat

so i avoid it

and wild - so strange -

i just thought about how when i am in the US -

I never feel satisfied by food - I always feel stuff - and like an acidic after taste

no foolinl

wild - canada or european food - i feel a good memory-

here i feel that just stuf and like acidic feeling - in my mouth -

?
weird -

"...the sign of a true leader is service..." - anonymous

#144146 - 03/05/07 06:38 PM Re: What is Your Bodies PH? [Re: markgreyblue]
selene Offline

Loc: midwest
... from what i've read, generally anything cooked or any kind of animal product will be acidic when eaten ... raw citrus fruits and others that seem acidic, like tomatoes and pineapple, actually are alkaline in the body when eaten ... it's not just the ph of the food but also how the body reacts to it ...

... i've been *almost* raw vegan for a while (about 75% raw) and feel better than i ever thought possible ... but that's a good idea, jeff, to check ph levels ... it would be interesting to find out if what i'm reading and then doing is actually true lol ...

thanks,
selene

#151227 - 04/16/07 09:59 PM Re: What is Your Bodies PH? [Re: selene]
Logan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NY
according to my Paramedic training its 7.45 potential Hydrogen (pH)

in cardiac arests and certain heart dysrithmias we give sodium bicarbinate via rapid IV infusion because your blood can become acidotic and toxic to you body.

I guess it could fluctuate on a micro scale

actuatly it does with diabetic syndroms one could have metabolic and/or respitory acidosis or alcolosis. in fact there was an intire chapter in one of my 16 text books devoted to this entire issue, it is pretty facinating

Logan

Edited by Logan (04/16/07 10:01 PM)
-Blade Runner

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.