Newest Members
JimHouston42, GKB, MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS
12466 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dm13 (39), Jaso (34), liliana888 (43), Raju (32)
Who's Online
2 registered (AL-S, 1 invisible), 26 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12466 Members
74 Forums
64020 Topics
446787 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#150892 - 04/15/07 07:14 AM Feeling like a Fool
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Never Sugar Mountain
elements of fooldom:

Edited by Robbie Brown (05/10/07 07:08 PM)

#150895 - 04/15/07 07:28 AM Re: Feeling like a Fool [Re: Still]
dannym Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Boulder, Colorado
You are no fool, my friend. You are doing work harder than most people could endure, because you had to face and live through hell, and you survived. No fool, in my book.

Whining? Nope.

Healing and reaching out and making gains? Yup.

Just a note about disclosing. I did the same thing. Gave the letter I wrote to my abuser to a few friends. None of them mentioned it until I brought it up. The reason (on both accounts) was that they were so overwhelmed, they didn't know how to bring it up, and they were afraid it might "get me thinking about it again". With one friend, I laughed really hard, when he asked me why, I said, "Dude, I'm NEVER not thinking about it!"

Love ya, Robbie

Dan

Marge Simpson

#150899 - 04/15/07 08:07 AM Re: Feeling like a Fool [Re: dannym]
buzz_key Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Robbie,

You can't take the responsibility for all of this...
Flat out man...BAD - EVIL things were done TO you, not BY you.

Don't let your sister and friend validate you by their inaction or inability to respond to your trust...
I would suggest checking in with each one and asking them what they think about your story...if they asked you for it, put the ball back in thier court.
It could be like Dan said, they may be overwhelmed by the enormity and evil of it and don't know how to come back to you on it...so help them through the door.

If you really think you are whining, then you are letting those 4 a**holes win....DON"T YOU DO THAT! DON"T YOU LET THEM WIN!

I love you Robbie.
Buzz

#150903 - 04/15/07 08:14 AM Re: Feeling like a Fool [Re: dannym]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Robbie,

I don't see the fooldom, bro. I see uncertainty as to how to relate to a disclosing relative and friend, as well as indifference at a critical moment, but those are the failings of other people.

Man, can I ever relate to the missed flight problem! I still have trouble with keeping flight details right in my head, and once I booked myself on a flight from Germany to the UK when in fact it had to be from the UK to Germany. I was sitting here in Oxfordshire and couldn't get that right!

That doesn't make us fools Robbie, it just means we are stressed out. I wonder why?

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#150906 - 04/15/07 08:24 AM Re: Feeling like a Fool [Re: roadrunner]
sabata Offline
MaleSurvivor

by no means you are a fool.................robbie..........yeu are reaching out..........thats good.........be kind to your self............steve

#150921 - 04/15/07 09:37 AM Re: Feeling like a Fool [Re: sabata]
shadowkid Offline
WARNING from ModTeam, September 2013: user "Shadowkid" was exposed as a hoaxer. His entire online persona and stories of sexual abuse were fiction. We encourage you not to become emotionally concerned by anything you see in any of his posts. Thank you
MaleSurvivor

elements of cooldom :
spent 30 years in silent pain
found the coolest wife ever
built a good life for her
raised two beautifull children
showed them love everyday
made them all feel safe
confronted the man who hurt you as a kid
still being able to care about him even though he denys the moemories that are so hard for you
made friends with a screwd up kid that needs all he can get ,
you see fool ,i see cool , ps maybe there was a reason you missed that plane,i dont argue with stuff like that sometimes its a good thing adam

#150932 - 04/15/07 10:20 AM Re: Feeling like a Fool [Re: shadowkid]
mack Offline

Loc: new mexico
FOOL? I don't think so. You are the hardest working survivor EVER!! After years and years of pain and misery, you haven't given up. You keep on fighing even when most of us would give up. You are an inspiration to us all. Every time we talk I hope and pray that I can find in me even one third the strength you have.

#150934 - 04/15/07 10:28 AM Re: Feeling like a Fool [Re: sabata]
Muldoon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: St Paul MN
Rob It could just be his way of bringing important people into you life. Just open up and see what comes your way.

After all it is Lordy's day and he may have a special day ahead for You. Sending you my thoughts today

Tom.

Edited by Muldoon (04/15/07 11:35 AM)

#150938 - 04/15/07 10:47 AM Re: Feeling like a Fool [Re: Muldoon]
dan17 Offline

I agree with shadowkid
you're the coolest "fool" i've ever met
about your father, I can't even begin to imagine the pain you're feeling
I hope and pray that he recovers
and I also agree with the others about the lack of response from your confidants
sometimes a lack of response indicates that the person is afraid of saying the wrong thing and possibly hurting you even more so
and don't worry about the flashbacks in front of your customer...he was probably embarrassed as well...plus that doesn't make you a fool...nobody can control when the past comes back to them
I don't know what else to say...
YOU'RE A GREAT PERSON! NOT A FOOL! A FRIEND!

#150939 - 04/15/07 11:03 AM Re: Feeling like a Fool [Re: dan17]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO
Rob,

I don't have much to add here other than my agreement with these men. You're no fool. You're someone who has taken on the crap dealt to him and faced it head on. Confronting your dad is an inspiration to me in regards to my mother. Please be easy on yourself.

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.