Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
clutzygurl (22), dun (50), Gene (50), ufp1964 (50), Zoot (68)
Who's Online
1 registered (tbkkfile), 14 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63354 Topics
442999 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#150769 - 04/14/07 06:11 AM Re: blood in my stool [Re: ScottyTodd]
skooter27 Offline
New Here

Loc: Fairbank, AK
Dan, I understand your undeniable urge to hide the truth, because even I have yet to unveil the truth to my parents. But the bastard that did this to you deserves to be punished for his crime. I may be wrong but, in a sense I do not think that you have fully come to terms that this horrible act has occurred. I know how hard it is to come out of shock, but it is important to be true to yourself. You should tell people around you so that they can help and support you in your journey. Well, at least those who you KNOW care and love for you. Maybe that might not be your parents. It may be hard to see it, but I am sure if you look around there is someone. But I am glad that you went to the docs, good job. And I am sorry that this happen to you. We are here for you, if nobody else understands, we do!!

#150803 - 04/14/07 03:26 PM Re: blood in my stool [Re: skooter27]
ChainBreaker Offline

Loc: Michigan
Dan,

I'm glad you went to the doctor! That was probably a very hard step, but you survived it. This should tell you a lot about your ability to survive. I agree with skooter about the need to tell someone, though. He's described exactly the right kind of person to speak to, as well. Please heed his advice. And at the very least, keep posting here, where we understand you. You will always be welcomed, heard, believed, and supported here.

#150805 - 04/14/07 03:37 PM Re: blood in my stool [Re: ChainBreaker]
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Dan, stress can cause anal fissure, I know because I have one that gets pretty big when I stress out.
Mine is not connected to the inside, but outside, and it makes sitting pretty uncomfortable.

Glad you went to the doc though, and you know it is not a life threat. A good start in the process of knowing that you can reach out for help without embarrassment,

ste

#150860 - 04/14/07 11:59 PM Re: blood in my stool [Re: reality2k4]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Dan,

Well done! I haven't been on the site for a day or so and I didn't see this. I'm so glad you dealt with this at the doctor's office.

I won't pressure you on the matter of telling your parents, but I do think it needs to be stressed to you that you have a legal right to the complete confidentiality of your medical records.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#150864 - 04/15/07 12:30 AM Re: blood in my stool [Re: ScottyTodd]
MemoryVault Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NJ
Good for you, Dan!

#150997 - 04/15/07 05:33 PM Re: blood in my stool [Re: ScottyTodd]
A C Offline

Loc: Missouri
Good for you! Neglecting your body for any reason might back fire. Infections aren't always a big deal. When you let them go, that's a different story.

One thing you will find out is your not the only guy that this has happened to, sadly won't be the last. Be good to your self.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.