Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueturtle (46), David C (40), DavidC (40), Derdlecar (61), Hector (54)
Who's Online
3 registered (watzupwitu, 2 invisible), 18 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63366 Topics
443079 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#149284 - 04/06/07 05:29 PM Does this say anything about if I'm gay?
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
I remember onetime in eighth grade we went on a class trip to Washington DC. We stayed over in a hotel. It was me and 2 other boys from my class in the room. A girl called the room (from a room with 3 girls I believe) and she asked to speak to me. We talked and she asked me out. I said yes, I also remember, being real excited (no, not physically, I don't specifically remember) and I remembered wondering if something was going to happen. I believe I even contemplated going out onto the ledge to sneak into her room via the window. To me this is indication that I am likely straight.

Anyone have an opinon?

"and i don't want the world to see me, cause i don't think that they'd understand"

"You don't know what love is...you just do as your told"

"My life has changed. What you take as a simple thing, is not so simple for me anymore"

#149291 - 04/06/07 06:06 PM Re: Does this say anything about if I'm gay? [Re: onlyakid]
Dewey2k Offline
MaleSurvivor

JTT,

In my opinion, it is difficult to take an event like you describe above that occurs in the early teens and make a determination one way or another simply because hormones are running so high. At that age, sex is sex, and your body responds to that.

Whether one is gay or straight can be better gauged by who one sees as a prefered partner in life and in sexual relations. The answer can be men, women, both, or even none (asexual). It is very much an individual characteristic.

For myself, the label is a convenient way to express my own general sexuality to people without having to explain myself every time. Other than that, labels don't mean anything to me. I am a sexual being. Anything beyond that is no one's business but my own.

#149341 - 04/06/07 11:08 PM Re: Does this say anything about if I'm gay? [Re: Dewey2k]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
JTT,

Our teen years are full of curiosity and experimentation, so I don't think I would take that incident as indicating much about your sexuality now as an adult. More important is that you seem to be anxious about this.

I have always liked Dewey2k's take on such things. More important than slotting yourself into this or that category is whether you feel fulfilled and comfortable in your own skin, sexually as much as in any other way.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.