Newest Members
Barracuda312, Just Hanging, mossTI, E35, 1975
12339 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
GeneF48 (66), kun wang (32)
Who's Online
2 registered (finallyhere, 1 invisible), 18 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12339 Members
74 Forums
63437 Topics
443446 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#148576 - 04/03/07 10:50 AM Male Survivor Bookshop
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Eddie (EGL) and I are taking over running the bookshop here on MS, and as we think of ways we can improve it we would like your input. Please let us know what you think, give us any criticisms you may have, and share your ideas for improvements. We would like to hear especially from gay survivors, teen survivors, and partners. Also people concerned about special areas, like incest and abuse by the clergy. Do you find it easy to locate books aimed at your needs in the the bookshop as it now stands? If not, please let us know and give us some sense of what the problem is as you see it. My PM box still overfloweth, so for the time being please send PMs to us via Eddie or just place your comments here if you would like to start a discussion or invite responses. Our bookshop can be a really great resource, and with your help we can do a better job improving it.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#149028 - 04/05/07 10:12 AM Re: Male Survivor Bookshop [Re: roadrunner]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Guys,

We have been discussing expansion of the categories in the Bookstore so as to make it easier for a reader to find exactly what he wants easily and quickly; we feel the reader easily gets lost when confronted by a huge array of books on generally defined themes. The categories we have come up with so far include (* = current categories):

Abuse by Clergy
Audio-Books/CDs
Books by Members of Male Survivor*
Books for Young Children
Books for Parents
Books for Professionals*
Documentaries/Educational Films
Fiction on CSA Themes
Films on CSA Themes
Friends and Family*
Gay Survivors
General Guidebooks
Incest*
New Releases*
Spirituality and Survivors
Survivor Experiences/Autobiography
Teen and Youth Survivors
Therapy Issues

Note that we have included a category on books of special interest to gay survivors. We haven't heard from any of you in this forum yet, but please do let us know if you have ideas or suggestions. We would especially like to hear about books or films that you found helpful for gay survivor issues. We want the Bookstore to represent your interests and serve your needs, so it's important we hear what you think.

Much love,
Larry

(Woody Guthrie)

#149640 - 04/08/07 04:41 PM Re: Male Survivor Bookshop [Re: roadrunner]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Guys,

I am working on a section for the Bookstore on CSA books relevant to gay survivors. This is an area I don't know a lot about, so if any of you have read books that were especially useful to you, could you let me know?

In particular, are there any books for gay men that aren't about child abuse as such, but have good sections on the topic? That's the kind of thing I am likely to miss. Thanks.

Much love,
Larry

(Woody Guthrie)

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.