Newest Members
cricket1007, Nickie98, jahfree, Daryl X., tryintothrive
12496 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
joeybird (54), ladyinwaiting (46), txpearl (46)
Who's Online
5 registered (Cthulhu, dan_in_newengland, skyguy, JW1230, 1 invisible), 23 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12496 Members
74 Forums
64171 Topics
447795 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#148551 - 04/03/07 09:25 AM Fuck Recovery Day
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Guys,

This is the text of an email I sent to the guys in a small discussion group I am honored to be a member of. At first I wasn't going to send it, then I decided why not?

I'd like now to share it with you too. It was my last big crash, or at least the last one to date lol. It did me a lot of good and allowed me to see I had the right to a whole mountain of human foibles and failings. After this memorable day I really soared! It was a kind of release for me, in a way I think I still don't understand very clearly.

Well anyway, fasten your seatbelts and enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've had it. I am up to my eyes in recovering and coping and doing the right thing, and empowering myself and communicating with my inner child and yada yada yada. Fuck that. At least for a day. On top of all that, the latest is that I am totally fed up with dealing with this asthma crap. My doctor, who has already put me off work for the semester, has told me to back off almost everything I normally do, including my activity on the MS site, and including things like researching books and articles. I feel like a lost soul.

I hereby declare that Saturday the 4rd of November 2006 is Fuck Recovery Day, in Didcot at least. Saturday morning I'm going to sleep in and feel sorry for myself. I'm going to look at pics of me at the age of 10, wallow in the past and ask for at least an hour how anybody can get off by demanding blow jobs from a crying child who thinks if he refuses the abuser will run over his dog. Oh yeah, I'm also going to demand answers for the "why me" questions, and when I don't get answers I like I'm going to get really freaking mad and hit something. The garden shed has been on my hit list for years anyway. I'm thinking of going after it with a pipe wrench.

I'm going to wear my most comfortable and raggedy blue jeans, topped with the Mr Natural Tshirt I got in San Francisco in 1969, and I'm not going to shave or put on shoes the whole day. I'm going to fart wherever and whenever I want and scratch my balls all day long.

The whole day I'm going to eat as unhealthy as I can, and for dinner I'm making fiery hot fajitas to be washed down with the shittiest and coldest white wine I can find.

During the day I'm not going to do ONE useful thing - not one! I'm going to watch Judge Judy, I'm going to practice a screaming solo for slide guitar for "We will rock you" at high volume, and I'm going to watch as much CSI as I can.

In between I'm going to take Bruno to the common without his leash and let him run wherever he wants. Maybe he will catch and eat that cat he's had his eye on. I'm not going to clean up his dog shit either.

Sunday I will be back to normal, but I am soooo looking forward to Saturday. In fact, I already feel better.

Fuck recovery,
Larry
>

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#148557 - 04/03/07 09:48 AM Re: Fuck Recovery Day [Re: roadrunner]
pietie Offline

Loc: South Africa
At least you managed to get a giggle out ofme for this week!!! I love this part:

Originally Posted By: roadrunner
During the day I'm not going to do ONE useful thing - not one! I'm going to watch Judge Judy,

I always thought Judge Judy was useful :-).

We all need to declare such a day and i think define exactly what we are not going to do and how long we are going to do it!!

I will join your campaign and I will add to that that I will not be depressed that day and do whatever i want!!! I'll let you know of the date.

#148571 - 04/03/07 10:35 AM Re: Fuck Recovery Day [Re: pietie]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO
November is a long way off. Can I celebrate sooner? \:D

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#148589 - 04/03/07 11:17 AM Re: Fuck Recovery Day [Re: FormerTexan]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
What's wrong with Judge Judy?

#148598 - 04/03/07 12:25 PM Re: Fuck Recovery Day [Re: Hauser]
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
I just wish I had the privacy you have.
The only relaxation I get, is when I get
out to the country,

ste

#148610 - 04/03/07 01:38 PM Re: Fuck Recovery Day [Re: reality2k4]
frost Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Eh?
quite enjoyed that. thanks for posting \:\)

#148633 - 04/03/07 04:00 PM Re: Fuck Recovery Day [Re: frost]
GWsurvives Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Atlanta, and here, among othe...
Can I celebrate this once a month? At least for a while? I don't think once a year is enough.Maybe I'll make it the 15th of this month. Fuck Recovery and the IRS day all in one!!!!

What an idea.

GW

#148638 - 04/03/07 04:14 PM Re: Fuck Recovery Day [Re: Hauser]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: Hauser
What's wrong with Judge Judy?

<<<<<<<<GASP>>>>>>>> Nothing of course - I was just being sarcastic. OMG! Surely no one here would thing I don't appreciate JJ?

Much love,
Larry

(Woody Guthrie)

#148640 - 04/03/07 04:17 PM Re: Fuck Recovery Day [Re: FormerTexan]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: FormerTexan
November is a long way off. Can I celebrate sooner? \:D

Absolutely. What a great idea. I wonder if Male Survivor needs facilitators for a "Weekend of Fuck Recovery". I hereby offer my services and experience. Any other volunteers? \:\)

Much love,
Larry

(Woody Guthrie)

#148649 - 04/03/07 04:40 PM Re: Fuck Recovery Day [Re: roadrunner]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO
Well Larry, I've had many a WOFR. Being experienced, I offer my services as facilitator. \:D

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.