Newest Members
susanhepp, Breathe, georgetwo, frozen45, lilac
12291 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Guillermo (37), illbedat (26), Mike58 (56), Mnovit (38), Mongo (24), pwdasw (64), Raymond Sean (38), yesac76 (38)
Who's Online
4 registered (sorryson, Suwanee, 96789594, 1 invisible), 24 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12291 Members
73 Forums
63230 Topics
442162 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#147971 - 03/31/07 11:00 AM "The Kid" starring Bruce Willis
Brokenhearted Offline

Loc: TX
Don't know when this movie came out (Disney) but I watched it last night. As a grown man, he is very successful financially but his life is empty and he is very prickly to people. All of a sudden a little boy appears in his life that is actually HIM as a little guy. He thinks he is a hallucination but he's not. As a kid he was abused and he starts to see he subconsciously treats some people the same way he was treated. The little boy takes him back so they can heal together.....it's a great story.

As a grown man in this movie, he is exactly like my husband, right down to the "Stop Crying!" he often says to others.

I highly recommend this movie. THere is even a scene where Bruce as a man and Bruce as a kid have a sort of boxing match and the man learns it is cruel to beat up on the little kid (himself).

It were better for him that a millstone were hanged around his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones.
Luke 17:2

#147982 - 03/31/07 11:54 AM Re: "The Kid" starring Bruce Willis [Re: Brokenhearted]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO
BH,

I have that movie and love it! Thanks for the post.

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#148002 - 03/31/07 12:57 PM Re: "The Kid" starring Bruce Willis [Re: FormerTexan]
pietie Offline

Loc: South Africa
It was one of my favourites as well. I really identify with certain portions. I too see my small self as a whimp. But still a great movie!!

#148072 - 03/31/07 10:09 PM Re: "The Kid" starring Bruce Willis [Re: pietie]
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
I just noticed this will be on the Hallmark Channel in the US TONIGHT at 1100pm Eastern/8:00pm Pacific (which is in about an hour)

"and i don't want the world to see me, cause i don't think that they'd understand"

"You don't know what love is...you just do as your told"

"My life has changed. What you take as a simple thing, is not so simple for me anymore"

#149265 - 04/06/07 03:00 PM Re: "The Kid" starring Bruce Willis [Re: Brokenhearted]
stride Offline

Loc: B.C. Canada
Is this a relatively new movie or an older one? Thanks for the reference, either way: I'm going to have a look for it.

Stride

#149509 - 04/07/07 10:15 PM Re: "The Kid" starring Bruce Willis [Re: stride]
stride Offline

Loc: B.C. Canada
Whoops. Right after I posted the above I realized I could just Google the film and find out when it was released: 2000.

Anyway, rented it today and my bf, his 10 year old daughter & I watched it together: We all really enjoyed it, and yeh, I suspect it hit home with him at least a little--sure worked for me!

Thanks so much for the suggestion...think I'll try'n find myself a copy to keep:-)

Stride

#152502 - 04/23/07 11:01 PM Re: "The Kid" starring Bruce Willis [Re: stride]
Chain Breaker Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Michigan
I loved that movie the first time I saw it, and I think it might mean more to me now that I am in recovery for my abuse.

CB

"[Insert your name here], I am [Chain Breaker]. Do you see that I am your friend? Can you see that you will always be my friend?"
--Wind In His Hair, Dances With Wolves

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.