Newest Members
RepressedMem, jet_step, JimHouston42, GKB, MorganWut
12468 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
AndyP (48), Gaius (50), JoziSA (52), mmafan66 (48), nltsaved (36), RMM (52), Steve63 (51), zenboy (51)
Who's Online
3 registered (3 invisible), 22 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12468 Members
74 Forums
64030 Topics
446834 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#151499 - 04/18/07 02:40 PM Re: Trying to boost confidence in myself. [Re: Hauser]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
I know that this is the "male survivors" thread that is supposed to deal with recovery issues in the broad sense. But this is how CSA has effected ME. It's made me the ultimate underachiever, (aka loser) and if I don't get that job offer, that opinion of myself can never change.

Yes nobs I wrote a short and sweet Thank You note.

#151580 - 04/18/07 08:35 PM Re: Trying to boost confidence in myself. [Re: Hauser]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Alan,

Originally Posted By: Hauser
30 years ago you could:

1. Drop out of high school
2. Get hired into a UNION job turning nuts on an assembly line
3. Afford a home, a car, a family, insurance, etc.
4. BE FINANCIALLY SECURE WITHOUT GOING TO SOME STUPID COLLEGE FOR 4 OR 6 YEARS. This is bullshit!

Well, you won't get any argument from me! I can remember gas for 25 cents a gallon and postage stamps for 4 cents. My best friend in college had a brother who decided against college and trained as a mason/bricklayer instead. Both brothers did very well!

But you do have that one possibility, right? Why not focus your enrgies and attention on that for the time being? It may work out that they want a follow-up interview, for example.

Just a thought.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#151589 - 04/18/07 08:45 PM Re: Trying to boost confidence in myself. [Re: roadrunner]
dan17 Offline

wow I never knew life was so easy 30 years ago!
maybe I was born at the wrong time!:)

sorry about all the job letdowns Hauser
although I agree with the others...it sounds like you have a real chance of getting the position this time
awesome computer equipment!
i wish I could build computers like that ;0

you've got talent and then some

#151592 - 04/18/07 08:52 PM Re: Trying to boost confidence in myself. [Re: dan17]
EGL Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Hauser, I hope this works out for you, man. Let us know how it goes. We're all pulling for you.

#151617 - 04/18/07 11:00 PM Re: Trying to boost confidence in myself. [Re: EGL]
ChainBreaker Offline

Loc: Michigan
Wow, Hauser, it looks like you really do have something good coming. It will be hard for you to believe when it actually comes through, but it will be real. Hang with it, man!

#151655 - 04/19/07 06:01 AM Re: Trying to boost confidence in myself. [Re: EGL]
sabata Offline
MaleSurvivor

Yea Hauser..Hope it All Works Out For The best For You..............I Am One Of those High School drop outs.........i failed in school.........2nd grade.6 th grade....poor preformance............csa and no support ...could have caused this...........yet for some reason i was going to move foreward.........had a lot of crappy jobs..........yet today i have a good one.....to me it is.....it didnt happen over night....due to the excessive bad feelings about myself...and my drinking...and anger outburst...........been fired a few times.....quit a lot.........moved around the usa a lot............not staying in one place..running from myself............................well sorry.................didnt mean to go off ...........about myself.............i surley hope all works out for you..........i know all about that rejection.of trying to land a good job.................steve

#151876 - 04/20/07 02:58 PM Re: Trying to boost confidence in myself. [Re: sabata]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

It's been 4 days and she has not called. The guy that forwarded my resume to her has not responded to my email. I think he's mad at me for fucking up and being late. I don't feel good about this. Jesus.

#151879 - 04/20/07 03:04 PM Re: Trying to boost confidence in myself. [Re: Hauser]
dan17 Offline

stop blaming yourself over little mistakes
you wrote down the wrong time
so what?
if they're so closed-minded as to deny you a position based on a simple, honest mistake then it's their own problem

#151880 - 04/20/07 03:06 PM Re: Trying to boost confidence in myself. [Re: dan17]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

It was one of the few chances I had to escape this life of under achievement and I blew it. It's like..............it's like hell I don't know.

I don't understand me.

#151882 - 04/20/07 03:13 PM Re: Trying to boost confidence in myself. [Re: Hauser]
dan17 Offline

what underachievement?
from your post it sounds like you're trying your very hardest to achieve your lifetime dream
you've worked doggedly at this job search

and you didn't blow it. remember, you still don't know for SURE that they don't want you for the job

and even if they don't, it doesn't make you an underachiever...
underachievers don't go above and beyond the call of duty to find the one job they like best even when they're met with rejection

you've worked hard at this!

Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.