Newest Members
0128, jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2, DaiseyLady
12502 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
asdude1981 (33), Avery46 (51), hans32 (46), jean-noel (49), Kirk (59), Kirk Wayne (59), Mechanical (21), OldTrafford (50)
Who's Online
4 registered (Nothing Man, susie, JW1230, outis), 26 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12502 Members
74 Forums
64192 Topics
447960 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#147797 - 03/30/07 11:20 AM Re: status report from the roller coaster [Re: tartugas]
Muldoon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: St Paul MN
Tartugas
I am sorry that you have not gotten help from St Lukes. I have a friend that has been getting help from them and it is a little upsetting that they have given you NO HELP. They are getting Federal $$$ to help male survivor. When I was in NYC a few weeks ago I stoped in to see what they had for help. I thought that they had a group but I could be wrong. I will make a call and see if I can find out anything.

Tom

#147803 - 03/30/07 11:35 AM Re: status report from the roller coaster [Re: Muldoon]
Muldoon Offline
MaleSurvivor

T I just got off the phone with Mikeal at St Luck and he said to have you give him a call right now and he would help. They do have a group. Pklease call him today I know he cares and will help you. Don't know who you talk to in the past but reach out again. Tom

#147805 - 03/30/07 11:41 AM Re: status report from the roller coaster [Re: tartugas]
Muldoon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Quote:
That's not to say anyone who's read this post and held back from sending me their warm wishes is off the hook by the way.

Yes it is good to have this safe place and the great guys here to help you. Sometime we are so rapped up in our own world that we don't find time to help others but that doesn't mean that we don't care. Tom

#147807 - 03/30/07 11:43 AM Re: status report from the roller coaster [Re: Muldoon]
tartugas Offline
Board Member
MaleSurvivor
Loc: NYC
Tom,

My apologies... you said St. Luke's. In the heat of my anger I thought you said St. Vincent's. St. Vincent's has a rape/crisis center that I was referred to in the past (and in point of fact is the primary resource on the NYC coalition against domestic violence webiste) I promise I will give St LUKE's a call after I return from my therpist's appointment today.

Thank you so much for following up and making an effort on my behalf. I cannot express how grateful I am.

Healing D.H. Lawrence

#147808 - 03/30/07 12:08 PM Re: status report from the roller coaster [Re: tartugas]
Muldoon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Glad That I was able to help you get a little anger out before your T session.

"Thank you so much for following up and making an effort on my behalf. I cannot express how grateful I am."

It is all part of giving back. I have gotten so much help in the past from other these last few years and in the furture you will be able to give back to others for the help you have gotten. Tom

#147819 - 03/30/07 12:53 PM Re: status report from the roller coaster [Re: reality2k4]
Rabbit Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: San Francisco
Chris,

As I flop about on the cold, hard ground like a fish out of water, I understand your venting, share you frustration and wish that life could be different.

But it's not for me. Each day that I flail about wildly with my senses open to what's going on around me, I have a chance to actually sense what IS going on around me rather than what is getting through my distorted filters of rational thought that I created years ago to explain why they could do that to my body and it just not fucking matter to anyone.

I don't have a point, other than I feel your frustration.

Here's to this day, this breath. May it be enough.

Sending compassion across the continent,
Randy

P.S. (God, am I king of the run on sentence or what?)

Only to someone who has the valor and daring to cut pieces of their soul off with a knife then weave them into a blanket to protect you

There are different wells within us, some fill with each good rain

Others are far, far too deep for that

#147827 - 03/30/07 03:07 PM Re: status report from the roller coaster [Re: Rabbit]
tartugas Offline
Board Member
MaleSurvivor
Loc: NYC
Thanks again guys.

Randy,

It's good to hear from you. You empathy is enough to keep me going.

Everyone else.

If you have read this thread and felt anything at all in your heart, just tell me. I don't need advice, I'm ok and moving through this step by step. I don't need guidence. I NEEP SUPPORT. I NEED ACKNOWLEDGEMENT. Trust me, no matter how bad you might feel or how unworthy of speaking up, or that your words might sound hollow. Just say them. The power of your conncetion to me will help us bpth. You'll lift me up by your presence, and you will feel strengthened and affirmed even by the simple act of saying, "I hear you."

I need to know other people are hearing me.

Thank you,
Chris

Healing D.H. Lawrence

#147829 - 03/30/07 03:23 PM Re: status report from the roller coaster [Re: tartugas]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO
Chris,

Everything you are saying here is valid. I find myself relating to parts of it, as always.

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#147831 - 03/30/07 03:32 PM Re: status report from the roller coaster [Re: tartugas]
EGL Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Chris,

I did feel something as I read this. I truly am sorry for what you are going through with this. My heart sank at hearing what kind of response you got from your church. Sadly, I received a similar response from mine, so I can understand your frustration. The one place that we would think should be a place of compassion and understanding, and all we get are blank looks, silence, and left with a feeling like they just want us to go away so that they aren't made to feel uncomfortable any more.

I hear you, Chris, loud and clear. I hear you and understand you.

#147833 - 03/30/07 03:34 PM Re: status report from the roller coaster [Re: tartugas]
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Chris, you got the support, we all support you like we always would.
I live on the other side of the pond and I lit my candle for anyone who is hurting.

Its not easy to react so well in the situation, but you are in my thoughts.
I guess maybe there is something you are not telling us.
Am I right?

It sounds pretty deep to me, but I/we are here,

ste

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.