Newest Members
JHNebraska, mike42069, JACKL, Personman, SiegmundNYC
12490 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alpha (49), AYounglove10 (23), joanne (27), justme62 (52), pontifixmax (44), royjay (46), Steve S. (48)
Who's Online
6 registered (BuffaloCO, woodenshoes, Napoleon, Obi, 2 invisible), 22 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12490 Members
74 Forums
64156 Topics
447672 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#146950 - 03/25/07 01:06 PM Does this apply to us all?
dean1320 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Atlanta, GA , US
i have often wondered, probably more on a subconcious level, if my sexuality was tied into the sexual assault by male perps. consciously, i knew that i acted out. although not as some, i did put myself in sexual situations that were unsafe for me or my partners. now as a gay man that respects himself more, i remain monogamous and use safe sex practices. i call it self love. it does not come overnight, but it's worth considering. as i appreciate myself more, i appreciate the simpler things that life has to offer.
the definitive answer to the question for me is that my sexuality and the csa that happened are two different entities that became morbidly fused together for so long. i have more insight into unfusing these incorrect ideas, but it is not easy. just wanted to share a little with you all. thanks.

#146959 - 03/25/07 02:28 PM Re: Does this apply to us all? [Re: dean1320]
istrong Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: CT
Dean,
I too feel that my sexuality is linked to my CSA, so that makes two of us...

I'd rather be above the grass than below it.

#146967 - 03/25/07 03:27 PM Re: Does this apply to us all? [Re: istrong]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO
I know for fact that my distorted view of what sexuality is, is tied to the abuse. The cause versus the outcome just adds up too easy.

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#146992 - 03/25/07 06:10 PM Re: Does this apply to us all? [Re: FormerTexan]
ken1964 Offline

Loc: michigan
I know that my sexuality was influenced almost 100% by my abuse. It messed me up in a hundred different ways. I thought my abuser liked me and thought I was special. I knew how to do what he taught me, so I did. And it felt good in some ways and horrible in others. He abused me as a little kid and as a young teen. I thought girls would despise me for being abused and for what I did. Then being sexual with women scared the shit out of me. I didn't know how to be with them.

Now I'm just a man who respects himself more, too. I know what you mean about that, Dean. I'm untangling the connections and the lies the abuse made for me. Now I know more about what is connected to the abuse and what is the real me. I know more about how I would have been if I hadn't been abused. I'm enjoying getting to know the real me and the influence of the abuse is still there, maybe it will always be there, but it's so much less of an influence.

Best Wishes
K

#147040 - 03/25/07 11:32 PM Re: Does this apply to us all? [Re: ken1964]
TNuss Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Del-A-Ware???
Mine has been affected and is a continous issues I have trouble with, even thought I'm in my second marriage. There is just no easy answer, for the feeling and thoughts I have.

In harmony,
Troy

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.