Newest Members
Serenity40, markm, hans32, SilentNoLonger, masryt
12132 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
casey (45), flaredsoul (31), Madcap (29), susie24 (59)
Who's Online
2 registered (Tiger1982, 1 invisible), 65 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12132 Members
73 Forums
62560 Topics
438340 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#147177 - 03/27/07 02:11 AM Re: Confrontation OVER! [Re: lostandconfused]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2 NATO Nations
What a chapter-close!!!..and a chapter-opening??? maybe??

I've got to digest this a while. Heading back on the road tomorrow...to Minnesotta. Lots of time to reflect.

Thank you ALL!!!

I TRULY would NEVER have done that without MS on my side!!!

Still's Globs

New Video

#147194 - 03/27/07 08:54 AM Re: Confrontation OVER! [Re: Still]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Robbie,

Don't feel badly at all that it takes a while to digest everything at such a time as this meeting with your father. I and many of the other men have experienced that same thing. Somehow I had the idea that once I'd done something of significance as you've done that I'd have it all figured out and tlhen move on from there.

In my case nothing could have been further from the truth. I "digested" as you say, the event/s for days, weeks, and months afterwards and looking back I can see where those moments in time had profound impact on my recovery which I could not see immediately afterward. I used to beat myself up for that. Now I realize it's all part of the process.

The healing comes sometimes in almost inpreceptable increments and sometimes I think that is the best way as it has "staying power". One awesome thing tho is that during that slow growth we tend to have these really cool "light bulb moments" where something suddenly dawns on us and those we sure do celebrate!

Have a successful business trip, Bro.

Lots of love,

John

#147198 - 03/27/07 09:10 AM Re: Confrontation OVER! [Re: WalkingSouth]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

John,

You warned me once about moving too fast. I'm sure its VERY clear to all mods that I have been too. After some devastating speed-traps caught me, I've slowed it down again. I've lowered my expectation's pace.

YES...i want to be "all better now." "That is just not possible Rob." I keep hearing that: "That is just not possible Rob."

I give!

So this week?...just slowly examining and digesting a MAJOR event that relates to probably 50% of my illness. And this "week" may turn into a year..and I think I'm ready for that John.

Funny thing is...I am STILL being hit from all angles with all sorts of other things, memories, FBs, sadness, pain, grief, temptation....heh...I could write quite a rant on temptation this week!!!! Holy GOD! Could I write a rant on TEMPTATION!

But I am slowing down...as you and ALL others so wisely suggest.

Still's Globs

New Video

#147222 - 03/27/07 11:10 AM Re: Confrontation OVER! [Re: Still]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hey All,

My father invited me and my family over to his place for Easter dinner!!! We will go.

I think...and hope...we will open-up more details and ramifications if he's open to it. I know I am!!

My plan is to not push it. I'm going to let HIM initiate.
I've done enough freaking initiating!!! His turn now!!!

Still's Globs

New Video

#147234 - 03/27/07 12:16 PM Re: Confrontation OVER! [Re: Still]
Nobbynobs Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Toronto
Easter is a good time for rebirth. Enjoy it my friend.

- Mel Brooks

#147454 - 03/28/07 02:36 PM Re: Confrontation OVER! [Re: Nobbynobs]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Robbie,

This is an incredible story and I am so happy for you. I would just stress what you have already heard about not rushing things. There is a LOT for both of you to process and accept, and the whole situation may be more fragile than you realize right at this moment.

But yes, what a positive and powerful start! Not just for you and your father, but also for the rest of the family, as you have already noted.

Being together at Easter ought to be very special indeed this year.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.