Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cards (33), korbin2003 (39), Rosemary (53), Zebra (47)
Who's Online
4 registered (sadclown, 86, Cthulhu, 1 invisible), 26 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63212 Topics
442010 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 ... 9 10 >
Topic Options
#14672 - 04/23/06 01:58 AM Re: NAMBLA?! I can't beleive this!!
RICK57 Offline

Loc: ENGLAND
In the UK, I believe such organisations are illegal!? Please someone tell me I am right????

Rik

*They are probaly more likely to receive lottery funding!

#14674 - 04/23/06 10:45 AM Re: NAMBLA?! I can't beleive this!!
mark250676 Offline

Loc: England
From ACLU website

'But the lawsuit says the crime is the responsibility not of those who committed the murder, but of someone who posted vile material on the Internet. The principle is as simple as it is central to true freedom of speech: those who do wrong are responsible for what they do; those who speak about it are not.'

Surely an organisation like NAMBLA makes these people feel their views are normal and as such they feel supported to carry out their perverted acts. As such of course NAMBLA have responsibility for the actions of their members if it's related to the message of the organisation.

Mark

#14675 - 04/23/06 10:53 AM Re: NAMBLA?! I can't beleive this!!
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
If it was a political site, or a terrorist site, it would have been brought down, and every member brought to book.

That is as much as I need to think right now, but nobody can even touch them without being totally scorned and flamed, try it and see,

ste

#14676 - 04/23/06 03:39 PM Re: NAMBLA?! I can't beleive this!!
mark250676 Offline

ste,
What kind of replies have people got when they confront these people? Living in the UK means this organisation would be illegal if set up here. As a result I'm sure any UK members would be commiting an offence. As such I'm happy to contact the local media about them.

I am getting concerned that since finding out about this organisation I'm being more and more pre occupied about doing as much as I can, to highlight the madness of it's existance in some way.

#14677 - 04/23/06 03:50 PM Re: NAMBLA?! I can't beleive this!!
Nobbynobs Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Toronto
Just regarding the comments people have on the ACLU...remember that the ACLU is only fighting to defend NAMBLA's right to speak. They have also defended the KKK and other groups.

Also remember that the ACLU's mission is only to uphold the right to free speech; they don't care what you are saying, only that you have a right to say it. They would be as quick to defend you, should you publicly criticise NAMBLA and NAMBLA tried to use the courts or other means to shut you up.

Personally I feel that NAMBLA has every right to say what they want in public , just as I have every right to publicly warn people that NAMBLA and groups like it are evil.

- Mel Brooks

#14678 - 04/23/06 04:08 PM Re: NAMBLA?! I can't beleive this!!
mark250676 Offline

Sorry to go on but...

However John Reinstein, the director of the ACLU Massachusetts, said that although NAMBLA "may extol conduct which is currently illegal", there was nothing on its website that "advocated or incited the commission of any illegal acts, including murder or rape"

In the UK an adult having a sexual relationship with a minor is rape. Is it not in the US?

Mark

#14679 - 04/23/06 04:21 PM Re: NAMBLA?! I can't beleive this!!
melliferal Offline
MaleSurvivor

Yeah the whole "boy love" thing is annoying as well. To listen to (or read, as it were) these peoples' conversations is an exercise in cognitive dissonance. On the one hand, they claim to hate child abuse "in all its forms", and describe how much they feel sorry for abuse victims and want perpetrators to go to jail, and on the other hand they seem very adamant about the "fact" that if you buy a kid's trust with enough affection or material goods, it's OK to use that trust to convince them to have sex, because then it's not abuse, it's "consentual".

Oh, yes, they also seem to think that the only reason kids don't want to have sex all the time, and the only reason "some" kids feel abused after being molested, is because society has brainwashed them into thinking that sex with adults is wrong. Of course, I suppose it is much easier to blame "society" for making your rape victim a "rape victim", rather than accept responsibility for being the person who actually did the deed to begin with.

It's funny, sometimes - in a recently-referenced (in another thread) pedophile message board, somebody pointed out a post from a pedo explaining that kids' sexuality is something "sacred" and should not be spoiled for any reason whatsoever. An admirable position, I suppose - except for the fact that the post was followed by ten other posts exclaiming that the original poster was wrong. Pedos don't even like other pedos who may suggest that abuse is abuse.

Oprah's resources for male survivors

#14680 - 04/23/06 05:44 PM Re: NAMBLA?! I can't beleive this!!
mark250676 Offline

The whole ancient greek thing is a joke as well. Do they also worship Poseidon, Hera and Hephaestus?! Society has moved on from beleiving in seperate gods that control the individual elements and it's also moved on from men who can grow beards raping boys that can't!

Sex between the knee's was big in these times as well. Some how I don't think Nambla memebers are after this!

Sorry end of rant. I studied classical civilisation at school.

Mark

#14681 - 04/23/06 06:21 PM Re: NAMBLA?! I can't beleive this!!
mark250676 Offline

US Attorney General, Alberto Gonzales

Mr Gonzales highlighted the problem of adults preying on children in chat rooms and networking sites with the purpose of making sexual contact.

Close NAMBLA down then!

Mark

#14682 - 04/23/06 07:14 PM Re: NAMBLA?! I can't beleive this!!
melliferal Offline
MaleSurvivor

The fact that some old Greek pots show 40-year-old men having homosexual relationships with 20-year-old men doesn't mean that the Greeks were into molesting little boys, either. Don't try to tell that to the peds, though - those well-muscled, tall young men on the pots are supposed to represent 9-year-olds, I guess.

Oprah's resources for male survivors

Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 ... 9 10 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.