Newest Members
kk90, Austintexan, Cancan, LS, PaulnMA
12256 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
ByondClosedDoors (41), Dave1425 (32), DeafDavid (23), LowSky (57)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 44 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12256 Members
73 Forums
63117 Topics
441396 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#151440 - 04/18/07 10:35 AM Re: Homosexuality related to CSA [Re: froggy12]
jamie' Offline

Loc: Ont, Can
That was a flyby for me froggy, didnt get your point. Though they found that in alot of homosexual men they have xxy chromosome (and added x which has to do with female thinking and processing patterns) not preferance.

Some people believe homosexuality is born in. Other believe your orientation developes in your formative years. They use to say it was unatural, now there saying it is natural. Hell in a few years they might say homosexuality is a result of eating mayonnaise. Nothing is definitive, alot of theories and opinions and nothing more. And that would i think hold true for this discussion aswell. Knowone can say that homosexuality cannot be, for lack of a better word suggested. Subconsciously ofcourse and well before puberty. I personally do think that my homosexual inclination is a result...atleast partly do to being abused by males. I think the fact i lead a heterosexual life is in part by the same suggestability. That THAT is the right way, or correct.

Edited by jamie' (04/18/07 10:37 AM)

#151445 - 04/18/07 10:55 AM Re: Homosexuality related to CSA [Re: froggy12]
Nobbynobs Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Toronto
Originally Posted By: froggy12
I wonder when there's going to be a tube of Ben-straight on the shelves for those nervous about using Bengay?

froggy

I'm nervous about using Bengay. ;\)

Don't even start me on Homo milk.

- Mel Brooks

#151448 - 04/18/07 11:08 AM Re: Homosexuality related to CSA [Re: Nobbynobs]
markgreyblue Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Pasadena, CA
HOMO MILK!

i freaked when i saw this on the shelf!!!
LOL

"...the sign of a true leader is service..." - anonymous

#151449 - 04/18/07 11:08 AM Re: Homosexuality related to CSA [Re: markgreyblue]
markgreyblue Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Pasadena, CA
Bull milk? - um - no thanks.

"...the sign of a true leader is service..." - anonymous

#151489 - 04/18/07 02:20 PM Re: Homosexuality related to CSA [Re: markgreyblue]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
You gotta be kidding. There's such a thing as "Homo Milk" in the States?

Much wondering,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#151674 - 04/19/07 08:31 AM Re: Homosexuality related to CSA [Re: roadrunner]
cbfull Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
I haven't seen it myself, but I'm pretty sure "homo" is short for homogenized.

I can't wait to look for it now. I'm only going to buy homo milk from now on and tell my straight friends that if you drink it you'll find yourself suddenly enjoying musicals and crying during sad movies.

In light of the XXY chromosome remark, that is a very specific disorer called Kleinfelter's Syndrome, and is only related to a very small percentage of same-sex sexuality.

Let us not forget that sexuality is a very, very powerful driving force that does not include the necessity of conception, let alone reproduction. I think we are going to find that it only seems to include the need to give/receive pleasure, and with that comes a full spectrum of desires. Just my personal opinion.

markgreyblue,
Referring to your last post, I think I get your joke, and that's pretty gross. You usually have better judgement than that!

Guilt and shame have never done any of us any good at all.

#151676 - 04/19/07 08:38 AM Re: Homosexuality related to CSA [Re: cbfull]
Nobbynobs Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Toronto
It's in Canada. Cbfull is right, it is short for homogenised.

There is a brand of milk here with "TASTES LIKE HOMO!" written across the front in big red letters. Apparently it's a great source of amusement for members of Toronto's gay community.

- Mel Brooks

#151685 - 04/19/07 10:52 AM Re: Homosexuality related to CSA [Re: Nobbynobs]
ChainBreaker Offline

Loc: Michigan
I am straight but have a gay brother and a lesbian sister. We were all sexually abused. While not homosexual, I am sexually compulsive. I also have two straight sisters who were not sexually abused and are not (as far as I know) sexually compulsive. From that, I could easily draw the conclusion that our abuse determined our sexuality.

That would be stupid. But it would also be stupid for me to deny that the abuse could have played a role. This has, in fact, so piqued my curiosity about sexual orientation that I have read a lot of original research on the subject and discussed sexuality with a lot of my gay friends. Again, I have only anecdotal information, but 90% of my gay male friends with whom I have discussed the subject have admitted to having been sexually abused as children. All but one have admitted to having had poor relationships with their fathers, even before revealing their sexual orientation. I emphasize that this is not a scientific study and, while it again piques my curiosity, it would be foolish to draw conclusions from these roughly 20 people with whom I have discussed this.

But is it not equally unwise to deny that our early sexualization plays an important role in our sexual orientation? To date, there is little evidence to suggest that genetics play a significant role in sexual orientation. Even Simon LeVay explicitly stated that his research did not prove that there was such a thing as a gay gene or that sexual orientation was predetermined.

If there is anything we do know about sexual orientation, it is that it is too complex to be explained by any single theory. In my opinion, the best research I've seen on the subject suggests that all sexual orientation, whether gay, straight, bi, celibate or fetishist, is a product of operant and classical conditioning throughout our lives and especially in our early years. After all the research and reading I've done, I've come to believe that sexuality, in all its forms, is a part of the human condition. I don't think that attraction to people of the same sex is either natural or shameful. It just is. It exists along with all the other forms of sexuality out there and ought not to be singled out for condemnation or normalized in the way that left-handedness is normal. I believe God created all of us, loves all of us, wants us to be happy, and does not condemn us for our conditioning.

I do not intend to come back with a lot of research to prove my point. All I want to do is get us all to step back from the defensiveness that exists around sexual orientation. We are who we are. Some of us will witness changes to our sexual orientation, but most of us won't. Either way, the important thing is that we get healed from our sexual abuse. For our homophobic society, the best thing we could do is stop worrying about why some people are gay and just accept them as they are. On this site, we all know what it feels like to be hurt and to carry secrets we find shameful. Exposing them to the light of day makes them feel less shameful. Talking to others who affirm our experience helps us to accept ourselves as we are. Self-acceptance, in my view, is crucial to our recovery.

#151701 - 04/19/07 12:25 PM Re: Homosexuality related to CSA [Re: ChainBreaker]
froggy12 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Marlboro, MA 01752
Amen.

froggy

#151703 - 04/19/07 12:36 PM Re: Homosexuality related to CSA [Re: ChainBreaker]
jamie' Offline

Loc: Ont, Can
Oh of course ChainBreaker. I made this topic just as an interesting discussion. Not to reach any conclusions as like you i dont believe there are any. We just are. And we all have, whether we want to believe i or not, a percentage of homosexuality.

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.