Newest Members
FredM88, Vermona, Jas52, oliviaavaxj, biboy24
12109 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
-Matt- (39), kevin1963 (51), Northwoods (61), rcb0973 (58), sportinrucks (29)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 52 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12109 Members
73 Forums
62492 Topics
437996 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#146234 - 03/20/07 01:14 PM Homosexuality related to CSA
jamie' Offline

Loc: Ont, Can
If put on the spot i'd have to chose the word Bisexual for myself. But what i'd often wondered is if same sex childhood sexual abuse was related to or even a cause to some individuals turning out homosexual, bisexual. I realize its a sexual orientation which we cannot pick or chose and people are born this way. But would a percentage be influenced by same sex CSA.

#146236 - 03/20/07 01:42 PM Re: Homosexuality related to CSA [Re: jamie']
MemoryVault Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NJ
I've asked myself this a lot. My gut feeling is that your basic sexual orientation is probably fixed very early on, and is partly, if not mostly, genetic.

But CSA may have a lot to do with other ways our sexuality develops--how we handle intimacy with anyone, for example, or how we feel about our experiences. We may replay abusive sitations, or go overboard in avoiding them.

#146237 - 03/20/07 01:47 PM Re: Homosexuality related to CSA [Re: jamie']
Galapogos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: usa
I've wondered the same thing.

But I don't think there's any definitive answer.

I'm gay, 98% of my feelings/desire/interests are for men. Perp#1 in my life was female, perp#2 was male. Do we "turn out" gay, straight, bi, or is it defined from the start? Experts don't agree. And how do you define homosexual, bisexual, and heterosexual? Is it what you desire/feel/think about? Is it what you do? Who you have sexual relations with?

Some people suffer same gender CSA and go on to be straight adults. Some experience opposite gender CSA and go on to be a gay adult. What are the percentages, who knows?

To find the places I got hurt
Open up the places I got hurt
--Peter Gabriel

#146264 - 03/20/07 03:50 PM Re: Homosexuality related to CSA [Re: Galapogos]
dean1320 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Atlanta, GA , US
I have to agree with Galapogos on that one. My perps were male, but no i don't think that made me gay. i was attracted to guys when i was in high school, but dated girls until 24. i just found my truth for myself. it took a lot of time for me to adjust to my truth, but some folks just know. I hope this helps a little.

#146271 - 03/20/07 04:22 PM Re: Homosexuality related to CSA [Re: dean1320]
jamie' Offline

Well its more of a discussion question and not somethig i need to know for me, but i'd like to nonetheless. I'm on the fence with the sexuality and also had both male and one female abusers. It also started in the toddler years so i wouldnt have any idea for myself.

But i'd think all human beings are a percentage of both orinentations whether they believe it or not. I'm just curious and somewhat convinced in the idea that homosexual abuse would have an impact on your sexuality in later life. Though nothing has been proven either way.

Edited by jamie' (03/20/07 04:23 PM)

#146296 - 03/20/07 07:59 PM Re: Homosexuality related to CSA [Re: jamie']
Cooljule Offline

Loc: New Jersey
to be sexual or not to be sexual is a choice,that was robbed from us..I believe all humans have feelings and some of those feelings are someones elses beLIEves,like the person that abducted me and raped me...its not about sex its all about power

When men do not know what is to be a man and woman do not know what is to be a woman then that is good ground for all types of abuse...

Julian

#146326 - 03/20/07 11:36 PM Re: Homosexuality related to CSA [Re: dean1320]
TNuss Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Del-A-Ware???
Finding the truth for myself is very difficult. I could be and have been with men, and I'm in my second marriage. Regretibly, I have been with to many people, male and female. There was a time that I was so scared of my attractration to men I would have sex with any woman, any where, any time.

I fear the truth of my sexuality because I'm afraid of lossing my daughters. I fear how they would look at me as their father. Would they still love me???

I often wonder if I could live openly gay???

In harmony,
Troy

#146368 - 03/21/07 11:12 AM Re: Homosexuality related to CSA [Re: TNuss]
Dewey2k Offline
MaleSurvivor

I believe sexuality is mostly genetic and it is passed on the X chromosome, because homosexuality seems to be passed down on the mother's side of the family. For example, on my mom's side there are two gay people, two bisexual people, a transexual, and my sister and I are both gay. On my dad's side there is no homosexuality that I know about.

Also, I can look back at my early childhood before the abuse and remember feelings that pointed toward me being gay as early as age 8. Those feelings were turned off by the abuse.

#146379 - 03/21/07 12:00 PM Re: Homosexuality related to CSA [Re: Dewey2k]
jamie' Offline

My father (who's extremely Anti-gay, as a joke i said i was gay when i was 14 and he slapped me, lol). Has a gay brother. My mother has no homosexual relatives (that she knows of), she herself has no issues with homosexuality, but itnt for that for herself. So i wouldnt know where it would come from.

#147119 - 03/26/07 06:39 PM Re: Homosexuality related to CSA [Re: jamie']
Russ2 Offline

Hi Jamie,

Thank you for posting. You may be glad to know that childhood sexual abuse does not change a person's sexual orientation. There is almost universal agreement among doctors and scientists on this point. Of course, if a boy was abused by a man, it may lead to a degree of confussion, regardless of his true sexual orientation. In addition, we live in a very homophobic world and there is a tendency to seek a cause/effect for same-gender attraction.

Hope this helps!
Russ

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.