Newest Members
DougieB, sethpeterson, R Ellis, SailingAway, Kitty6
12320 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
iwishicared (41), Scott Oliver (53), TutDaVinci (32)
Who's Online
9 registered (Dave PNW, Ocellaris, Obi, 4 invisible), 32 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12320 Members
74 Forums
63370 Topics
443123 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10 11 >
Topic Options
#145934 - 03/18/07 01:15 PM Re: forgiveness vs. accountability [Re: Nobbynobs]
Morning Star Offline

Loc: Home
Quote:
Yeah right. Easy.

I agree totally. ;\)

Why Don't People Heal, by Caroline Myss; 30 days to clean up your vibrations - Abraham-Hicks

#145935 - 03/18/07 01:23 PM Re: forgiveness vs. accountability [Re: Nobbynobs]
Morning Star Offline

My Faith? That would be Love, the energy of Love, for I really believe Love energy can really make things happen for us and turn things around, if only we allow it to - It did for me.

I also call it my guide, as it flows through me guiding not just my words, but also my steps ahead.

It is a conscious being as well, you can even call it Universal Consciousness, Nature or simply God, how about that? Succinctly.

\:\)

Why Don't People Heal, by Caroline Myss; 30 days to clean up your vibrations - Abraham-Hicks

#145936 - 03/18/07 01:31 PM Re: forgiveness vs. accountability [Re: Morning Star]
Nobbynobs Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Toronto
so you're a Unitarian? ;\)

Edited by Nobbynobs (03/18/07 01:31 PM)

- Mel Brooks

#145937 - 03/18/07 01:39 PM Re: forgiveness vs. accountability [Re: Morning Star]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2.5 NATO Nations

I DO NOT SEE ANYONE ASKING FOR ME TO FORGIVE THEM...THUS THE TOPIC IS OFF MY FKG TABLE!!!

The Aftermath Video

The Water Buffalo Song

#145938 - 03/18/07 01:53 PM Re: forgiveness vs. accountability [Re: tartugas]
Morning Star Offline

Tartugas,

I am not surprised either. I have certain fondness for its founder, and some early Christian saints, just as I have fondness for many Hindu and Sufi saints as well, though I would call them enlightened human beings, rather than just Christians or Hindus or Muslims. They belong to entire humanity, rather than a particular sect of people, just as Buddha or Tao Te Ching, Krishna or Rama, St. Theresa of Avila or St Francis of Assisi.

The labels of religion, though an easy and simple classifications for the followers makes them or rather the teachings of their founders inaccessible or scarce for so many needy people following other religions. It is only when we are ourselves able to step out of our inborn religions and pick the best of all can we rake in the full benefits of the communication era, the global village.

Who knows where the next answer to our present predicament might come from?

Many feel that if they start following the teaching of Teresa or Mohammed, or Gautama for that matter, they will not longer be true followers of their particular kind of faith. Just as many followers of those very religions confuse following just the everyday rituals of that religion will suffice or substitute for actually following the core teachings or wisdom of its founders.

Every great Master of the past has an essential piece of wisdom to pass on and help us solve this giant jigsaw puzzle called life for ourselves.

#145939 - 03/18/07 01:57 PM Re: forgiveness vs. accountability [Re: Nobbynobs]
Morning Star Offline

You like labels?

Frankly, I have no idea what that word means though I am tempted to Google it, right away. ;\)

But then I won't know everyday what exactly my faith is, what I practised today, love or fear, hate or anguish?

Labels are easy that way.

#145941 - 03/18/07 02:03 PM Re: forgiveness vs. accountability [Re: Morning Star]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2.5 NATO Nations
I'm sorry...let the calmer Rob speak. Let's get an image of 4 mad-dogs devouring a little boy and his old-pal "soul."

Now let's replay that over and over and over again. Fast-forwarding to 34 years later...he's still being devoured.

The mad dogs??? They've all moved on. Moved-on, clearly not to my door in New Hampshire...on their knees...

...and you know what????? guys?????? Jesus aint gonna hold my non-foregiveness against me till they ask and I refuse.

Then its up to him to buy their soul out of hell...again...only if they ask.

The Aftermath Video

The Water Buffalo Song

#145942 - 03/18/07 02:06 PM Re: forgiveness vs. accountability [Re: Morning Star]
Nobbynobs Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Toronto
Originally Posted By: Morning Star
Labels are easy that way.

Actually I'm with Ste. I had you tagged as a Catholic. You don't find many people outside the Church (or inside the Church, for that matter) who appreciate St Teresa of Avila.

- Mel Brooks

#145943 - 03/18/07 02:10 PM Re: forgiveness vs. accountability [Re: Still]
jamie' Offline

Loc: Ont, Can
Having and not having arise together. Difficult and easy
complement each other. Long and short contrast each other. High and low rest upon each other. Voice and sound harmonize each other. Front and back follow one another. Everything has a balance, an equal opposite, everything. No life without death. No pleasure without pain. No love without hate. Having one extreme or focusing on one denies the contrast and is unhealthy. Someone who hates too much is sick, someone who loves to much is blind. I think it's about finding a perfect balance. I also think us having that hurt itself carries a reaction. So if hate is the reaction of being abused for one. Then it is what it is and so is meant to be for them. And carries no association to god or forgivness. I agree with robbie (for myself) that forgivness isnt just something to be given. I cant forgiven in some situations. The girl sitter i can forgive. She was a young teenager at the time and she was caught in the act. I'd like to think she never did it again and feel's remorse. I can forgive her. But when someone as an adult knowingly hurts you for there sexual gratification. And is fully prepared to deny it if questioned and call that child a lier to his face. That's not forgivable. There is no remorse there. Sorry for the ramble. But this discussion i think is an importent one.

Edited by jamie' (03/18/07 02:13 PM)

#145945 - 03/18/07 02:13 PM Re: forgiveness vs. accountability [Re: Still]
Morning Star Offline

Those 4 mad dogs couldn't touch your old pal, as it is bright, pure and shining as ever.

It is just that we post trauma of abuse we loose connection with the brighter self - our Soul. That is why it becomes essential to initiate recovery, by first shedding the dark clouds of pains and hurt over it. To become the bright pure light that our soul is, untouched as ever by any forces of darkness.

Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10 11 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.