Newest Members
RodrigoBR, MJ545, Marant, BeingFound, journey4two
12332 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueelectron9 (48), Grunty1967b (2014), highflight (42), jocks44 (54), kitm1 (47), Porrick (44)
Who's Online
2 registered (Eric M., 1 invisible), 22 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12332 Members
74 Forums
63413 Topics
443357 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#145774 - 03/17/07 12:17 PM Shadowkid
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
You complained about the treatment of this boy when we saw him being forced to stand over and over when he was falling over from hear exhaustion. I thought you would like to see a follow-up of this.

By BET.com News Staff & Wire Services

Return to Drug War News: Don't Miss Archive

Florida Gov. Charlie Crist says the state should pay $5 million to the family of the 14-year-old boy who died after he was beaten by guards at a state-run boot camp.

Crist's made his decision Wednesday after meeting with the family of Martin Lee Anderson and watching a newly released, NASA-enhanced video, which clearly shows seven guards beating Anderson with fist, pinning him down and holding what appears to be a white cloth to his face and ammonia capsules under his nose.

''I thought it would be easier on me this time to watch the video,'' said Robert Anderson, the youth's father, at a news conference with family attorney Ben Crump. ''But as you're watching that video, you see him crying, being tortured on the ground, beaten, kicked, kneed in the back and everything.''

Gina Jones, Martin Anderson's mother, said, ''I'm very angry'' after seeing the video.

The guards and the nurse who watched pleaded not guilty last month and face up to 30 years in prison if convicted of aggravated manslaughter.

The family of Martin Lee Anderson initially had sued for $40 million, but said in a letter to Crist that a $10 million payment would be a fair resolution. They are seeking another $5 million Bay County, which ran the camp.

After meeting with the Martin's family, the governor's office said, Crist sent letters to the House and Senate urging them to approve the payment this session.

"I think it's real important that the state do the right thing, and I think the right thing to do is honor their more-than-reasonable request. Justice delayed is justice denied," Crist said in Tallahassee. The payment, which Crist is urging, would have to be approved by the Legislature.

Anderson was taken to the camp a day before his death for violating probation after trespassing at a school and stealing his grandmother's car from a church parking lot.

His death led to the dismantling of the state's juvenile boot camp system and the resignation of the Florida Department of Law Enforcement's director.

An initial autopsy ruled the boy's to be from natural causes, but the family had a second autopsy done. That examination found that Anderson died of suffocation due to his airway being blocked because his mouth was being closed while he was forced to inhale ammonia. The medical examiner in that autopsy ruled that Anderson's death was "due to the actions of the guards," who are now awaiting trial in this case.

http://www.november.org/stayinfo/breaking07/FL-BootCampDeath.ht

http://www.nospank.net/7163793.200k.wmv

#145780 - 03/17/07 12:44 PM Re: Shadowkid [Re: Hauser]
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Hey, please put a trigger warning at least on the video,

ste

#145782 - 03/17/07 12:51 PM Re: Shadowkid [Re: Hauser]
shadowkid Offline
WARNING from ModTeam, September 2013: user "Shadowkid" was exposed as a hoaxer. His entire online persona and stories of sexual abuse were fiction. We encourage you not to become emotionally concerned by anything you see in any of his posts. Thank you
MaleSurvivor

one day,one day in hell ,how did we last some of us for years? most people dont believe if i tell them how it was, stuff like that dont happen ,people need to wake up! resignation?he should have been beaten to death ,do they know if you sit on a kids chest he cant breathe?but it leaves no signs hes been suffocated? thanks hauser i needed to see this ,there is also a post about this happening in texas,if people want to know what boot camp is like why dont they talk to kids who survived it?

#145783 - 03/17/07 12:52 PM Re: Shadowkid [Re: shadowkid]
shadowkid Offline
WARNING from ModTeam, September 2013: user "Shadowkid" was exposed as a hoaxer. His entire online persona and stories of sexual abuse were fiction. We encourage you not to become emotionally concerned by anything you see in any of his posts. Thank you
MaleSurvivor

10 million is not enough

#145795 - 03/17/07 01:53 PM Re: Shadowkid [Re: shadowkid]
jamie' Offline

Loc: Ont, Can
My god that's sick. What the fuck is wrong with the world.

#145796 - 03/17/07 01:53 PM Re: Shadowkid [Re: shadowkid]
ScottyTodd Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Pennsylvania
Florida tends to have a very low quality care for it's children and teens! Just my opinion after hearing juvenile stories and mental health stories from colleagues who have been there. I apoligize to the Fla. guys but this is what I know!

Howard

#145821 - 03/17/07 04:19 PM Re: Shadowkid [Re: ScottyTodd]
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
The way the medic just stands and watches.
Not one of those freaks can call themselves a man, and I would not just stand watching.

I hope they can live with what they have done, because it is murder, and no amount of money can suffice for a childs life.
Just hope someone beats the shit out of each of them,

ste

#145824 - 03/17/07 04:26 PM Re: Shadowkid [Re: reality2k4]
shadowkid Offline
MaleSurvivor

they just stood there and watched ,shoot those bastards.

#145851 - 03/17/07 09:03 PM Re: Shadowkid [Re: shadowkid]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2.5 NATO Nations
I want to fly down the that God-forsaken state, hold signs in front of the courthouse, the statehouse, wherever!!!!!!!!

I only got to see 5 seconds of the video before Lorie pulled me away.

We must all mobilize on this guys!!!!!!!! If you cant fly there...you sure as HELL can write a billion fucking letters..call the media....anything but sit and wring our hands!!!

Dont let this kids death pass forgotten!!!!!!!

The general public thinks these kids are disposable..."if they want to be good citizens, they'll have to earn their way into acceptance." "If one of THOSE kids dies..oh well...better luck next time."

We've got 3900 registered users here at MS. TIME TO BE HEARD!!!!

Edited by Robbie Brown (03/18/07 05:29 PM)

The Aftermath Video

The Water Buffalo Song

#145854 - 03/17/07 09:23 PM Re: Shadowkid [Re: Still]
mack Offline

Loc: new mexico
I watched this video... my head is pounding, my heart is racing.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.