Newest Members
Barracuda312, Just Hanging, mossTI, E35, 1975
12339 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
GeneF48 (66), kun wang (32)
Who's Online
2 registered (caesar14, 1 invisible), 21 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12339 Members
74 Forums
63434 Topics
443438 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#144827 - 03/10/07 07:17 PM Hi I'm new.
AndyJB2005 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Saint Paul, Minnesota
Hi my name is Andy I'm a reader, just starting to post. I just wanted to introduce myself. Not sure where to begin posting. But I just wanted to say hi. Hope everyone is OK.

andy

#144832 - 03/10/07 07:41 PM Re: Hi I'm new. [Re: AndyJB2005]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2.5 NATO Nations
Hi Andy!

Welcome!! How to start? I just spent a whole lot of time reading. Then, once I was ready, I started to ask some quiestions and posted My Story.

Don't feel like you have to DO anything till you are ready sir!

Just know that there's a TON of healing to be had here!

Hey...my wife is from MN..Cool Place!! (litterally - cool)

Rob

The Aftermath Video

The Water Buffalo Song

#144836 - 03/10/07 08:04 PM Re: Hi I'm new. [Re: Still]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO
Welcome, from another Andy!

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#144876 - 03/10/07 11:23 PM Re: Hi I'm new. [Re: FormerTexan]
tartugas Offline
Board Member
MaleSurvivor
Loc: NYC
Andy,

Welcome. Your presence here enriches all of us. Don't feel any pressure to do or say anything you don't want to. Just know that we are all here to love and support one another.

A lot of us began our journey here by posting our story of our abuse. The experience of sharing our story and receiving support and sympathy can be healing, but it's also not necessary.

You can also post you feelings, questions, anything you want. If something is bothering you or confusing you, feel free to ask. Chances are a lot of us have shared similar thoughts or questions.

Healing D.H. Lawrence

#144881 - 03/11/07 01:35 AM Re: Hi I'm new. [Re: tartugas]
Brian Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Upstate NY
Hi Andy,

Welcome to Male Survivor! I'm glad you found us!

Brian

PS - I think your glasses are really cool!

#144882 - 03/11/07 03:12 AM Re: Hi I'm new. [Re: Brian]
philobat Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
Andy,

Welcome! I am sorry you need this place, but glad you found us. You will find much support and if you stick around you will meet some of the most wonderful people in the world on here!

As it was said to me when I arrived, take your time, ask any questions- you'll find your pace.

-Philobat

#144889 - 03/11/07 05:06 AM Re: Hi I'm new. [Re: philobat]
sabata Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hi.Andy.........Welcome..........Hope You Are ok.........Also..................Steve

#144906 - 03/11/07 10:04 AM Re: Hi I'm new. [Re: sabata]
AndyJB2005 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome and support. \:\)

I'm glad to be here. I'm not really new to the survivor boards, but I am to this one (relatively). I come from a pretty much disolved one on America Online. It's been a while since I've posted there, however. I gotta say, it's nice that there's one for males. What a great idea. My old home was mostly women, and while it still was great there, somehow I feel more comfy around men in my situation. It's a shame that a few people saying innapropriate things ruined the whole AOL board.

Thanks for being here.

andy

#144911 - 03/11/07 11:01 AM Re: Hi I'm new. [Re: AndyJB2005]
pietie Offline

Loc: South Africa
Hi Andy

Welcome here and good luck with your journey here.

#144914 - 03/11/07 11:04 AM Re: Hi I'm new. [Re: AndyJB2005]
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Andy, welcome from UK,

ste

#144928 - 03/11/07 01:20 PM Re: Hi I'm new. [Re: reality2k4]
EGL Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Hi, Andy. I'm glad you found the MS site. It's well moderated, so I don't think you'll find the same experience you had at AOL. The mods do a great job of staying on top of things here.

#144929 - 03/11/07 01:23 PM Re: Hi I'm new. [Re: reality2k4]
KeithR Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Georgia
Hi, Andy \:\)

Welome. There are a lot of great posts to read here and a lot of great people. I'm glad you found your way here. By the way, do you still have the cool glasses ?

Ketih

#144939 - 03/11/07 02:52 PM Re: Hi I'm new. [Re: KeithR]
AndyJB2005 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: KeithR

By the way, do you still have the cool glasses ?
Ketih

Oh I wish I did. Sadly, when I was a kid, while walking over a brige, I looked over the edge towards the water -- with them on --- and they fell into the river. Never saw them again. lol.

Can't believe I remember that. lol.

#144941 - 03/11/07 03:04 PM Re: Hi I'm new. [Re: AndyJB2005]
jamie' Offline

Loc: Ont, Can
Hi andy, I'm a noob too. So we are both most likely getting the same impression of this incredibly supportive site.

I have a question. Why do people have avatars of them as children?.

#144944 - 03/11/07 03:07 PM Re: Hi I'm new. [Re: jamie']
AndyJB2005 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Not sure, but I like it actually. Gives a face to what I write, I think.

#144947 - 03/11/07 03:18 PM Re: Hi I'm new. [Re: AndyJB2005]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO
jamie',

I posted my pic as an avatar because it shows a little of who I was when young. I also did it because others did, and I wanted fit in a bit more.

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#144954 - 03/11/07 04:20 PM Re: Hi I'm new. [Re: jamie']
EGL Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Originally Posted By: jamie'
I have a question. Why do people have avatars of them as children?.

Hi Jamie',

The MS site went to a new version of software a few months ago, and the old software only allowed stock avatars before that. A couple of years ago, MS created an Images forum on the Members side and we started some threads there where we could post pictures from our childhood. I found it to be probably the most empowering thing in my experience here at MS. Seeing the photos of others, realizing what they were going through -- it really brought a new dimension to things here.

When we went to the new software, we were able to create avatars ourselves, so several members started putting their childhood photo in. To me, to be able to read their words and see the face of the child who expereinced what they are writing about, it is just a different kind of connection. The pic I choose for my avatar is one that was taken shortly before the sexual abuse began. I like the picture because I consider it to be the last days of innocense for me.

#144955 - 03/11/07 04:24 PM Re: Hi I'm new. [Re: EGL]
jamie' Offline

Loc: Ont, Can
"Seeing the photos of others, realizing what they were going through"

That makes alot of sense. Good idea. If i was able to i'd do the same.

#144958 - 03/11/07 04:38 PM Re: Hi I'm new. [Re: jamie']
philobat Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
Welcome Jamie!

Unfortunately for me I do not have any pictures of me from childhood. I ditched my savage family at 14 and ran away from home. One day that horrible woman who bore me will pass away and I will most likely get a pic then. Until then, my avatar is a roller coaster!

See you around online!

-philobat

#144959 - 03/11/07 04:39 PM Re: Hi I'm new. [Re: jamie']
AndyJB2005 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Wow, Eddie -- I didn't realize it was that deep and meaningful when I put my picture up. But I really like your explanation. It's really touching to me.

I just picked a picture that I liked personally, but now that I think of it that way, it still works out. My picture was about when my abuse ended.

Funny how that worked out. After the storm, but before the big wave. Or maybe the eye of the hurricane is better. Hmm.

Edited by AndyJB2005 (03/11/07 04:41 PM)

#144960 - 03/11/07 04:56 PM Re: Hi I'm new. [Re: AndyJB2005]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hi Andy,

Welcome to our "clubhouse". The one we were never able to have as children. As you've probably noticed we run the spectrum here from the sad to the enlightening to the fun and occasionally to the angry. Glad you've begun posting. I hope this can be a healing experience for you.

Lots of love,

John

#145032 - 03/11/07 11:41 PM Re: Hi I'm new. [Re: AndyJB2005]
MemoryVault Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NJ
Welcome, Andy --

I've been here for a week, and it's been welcoming and supportive. Glad you're here!

About the kid avatars: my avatar helps me remember the little guy...remember to empathize with him, which I sometimes forget to do. "Oh yeah. I was a little kid. I really didn't have a way out." I can be kinder to myself when I talk about the craziness.

MV

Edited by MemoryVault (03/11/07 11:43 PM)

#145169 - 03/13/07 12:55 AM Re: Hi I'm new. [Re: MemoryVault]
Koveri Offline

Loc: Dallas, TX
I agree. I look at the pictures of you boys and am reminded just how young we were and that none of it could possibly of been our faults. That none of us could have possibly deserved what happened. And that all of us were pretty damn cute! Also, I think (for me) it helps break down the age barrier we can sometimes feel on this forum. Here, on this board, we are all just young boys. (Of course the colour of the photos tell a little bit about our ages \:\) )

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.