Newest Members
rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms, Anony_mous, Drew6991x
12367 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
rpalm06 (46)
Who's Online
1 registered (YYZGIRL), 12 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12367 Members
74 Forums
63558 Topics
444056 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#144928 - 03/11/07 01:20 PM Re: Hi I'm new. [Re: reality2k4]
EGL Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Hi, Andy. I'm glad you found the MS site. It's well moderated, so I don't think you'll find the same experience you had at AOL. The mods do a great job of staying on top of things here.

#144929 - 03/11/07 01:23 PM Re: Hi I'm new. [Re: reality2k4]
KeithR Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Georgia
Hi, Andy \:\)

Welome. There are a lot of great posts to read here and a lot of great people. I'm glad you found your way here. By the way, do you still have the cool glasses ?

Ketih

#144939 - 03/11/07 02:52 PM Re: Hi I'm new. [Re: KeithR]
AndyJB2005 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Saint Paul, Minnesota
Originally Posted By: KeithR

By the way, do you still have the cool glasses ?
Ketih

Oh I wish I did. Sadly, when I was a kid, while walking over a brige, I looked over the edge towards the water -- with them on --- and they fell into the river. Never saw them again. lol.

Can't believe I remember that. lol.

#144941 - 03/11/07 03:04 PM Re: Hi I'm new. [Re: AndyJB2005]
jamie' Offline

Loc: Ont, Can
Hi andy, I'm a noob too. So we are both most likely getting the same impression of this incredibly supportive site.

I have a question. Why do people have avatars of them as children?.

#144944 - 03/11/07 03:07 PM Re: Hi I'm new. [Re: jamie']
AndyJB2005 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Not sure, but I like it actually. Gives a face to what I write, I think.

#144947 - 03/11/07 03:18 PM Re: Hi I'm new. [Re: AndyJB2005]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO
jamie',

I posted my pic as an avatar because it shows a little of who I was when young. I also did it because others did, and I wanted fit in a bit more.

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#144954 - 03/11/07 04:20 PM Re: Hi I'm new. [Re: jamie']
EGL Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Originally Posted By: jamie'
I have a question. Why do people have avatars of them as children?.

Hi Jamie',

The MS site went to a new version of software a few months ago, and the old software only allowed stock avatars before that. A couple of years ago, MS created an Images forum on the Members side and we started some threads there where we could post pictures from our childhood. I found it to be probably the most empowering thing in my experience here at MS. Seeing the photos of others, realizing what they were going through -- it really brought a new dimension to things here.

When we went to the new software, we were able to create avatars ourselves, so several members started putting their childhood photo in. To me, to be able to read their words and see the face of the child who expereinced what they are writing about, it is just a different kind of connection. The pic I choose for my avatar is one that was taken shortly before the sexual abuse began. I like the picture because I consider it to be the last days of innocense for me.

#144955 - 03/11/07 04:24 PM Re: Hi I'm new. [Re: EGL]
jamie' Offline

Loc: Ont, Can
"Seeing the photos of others, realizing what they were going through"

That makes alot of sense. Good idea. If i was able to i'd do the same.

#144958 - 03/11/07 04:38 PM Re: Hi I'm new. [Re: jamie']
philobat Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
Welcome Jamie!

Unfortunately for me I do not have any pictures of me from childhood. I ditched my savage family at 14 and ran away from home. One day that horrible woman who bore me will pass away and I will most likely get a pic then. Until then, my avatar is a roller coaster!

See you around online!

-philobat

#144959 - 03/11/07 04:39 PM Re: Hi I'm new. [Re: jamie']
AndyJB2005 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Wow, Eddie -- I didn't realize it was that deep and meaningful when I put my picture up. But I really like your explanation. It's really touching to me.

I just picked a picture that I liked personally, but now that I think of it that way, it still works out. My picture was about when my abuse ended.

Funny how that worked out. After the storm, but before the big wave. Or maybe the eye of the hurricane is better. Hmm.

Edited by AndyJB2005 (03/11/07 04:41 PM)

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.