Newest Members
mojo, James M, FredM88, Vermona, Jas52
12111 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
chrisH (34), Malaki619 (32), worcester2003 (51)
Who's Online
5 registered (I Want 2 Thrive, Cam76, royjay, 2 invisible), 75 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12111 Members
73 Forums
62499 Topics
438053 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#144422 - 03/07/07 09:50 PM I have a question?
Elad 12 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: on the coast
d

#144436 - 03/07/07 10:59 PM Re: I have a question? [Re: Elad 12]
Dewey2k Offline
MaleSurvivor

Dale,

I think it is the connection itself that has you thinking. We don't often get the chance to talk to others who instinctively understand what we are trying to say without us having to explain it in detail.

You are not alone, Dale.

#144444 - 03/07/07 11:44 PM Re: I have a question? [Re: Dewey2k]
EGL Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Hi Dale,

Sounds like you're finally beginning to make normal connections to male relationships. I think all people crave close intimacy with others; intimacy that has nothing to do with sex. It's the thought of being able to be close to someone and have it mean that you like and appreciate them. I'm glad you had that experience this weekend.

#144447 - 03/07/07 11:55 PM Re: I have a question? [Re: EGL]
Derdlecar Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ogden Utah, USA
Dale,

As you know, I was at the same retreat this last weekend and I came to this forum with the intent to ask almost the very same thing. I don't consider myself gay and I do enjoy sex with my wife, but at the same time I felt a bond with some of the gay men that were there. I am wondering if it might be that gays are not affraid to get in touch with their feelings and share them with others?

Love ya
Darrel

#144457 - 03/08/07 12:21 AM Re: I have a question? [Re: Derdlecar]
Rabbit Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: San Francisco
Dale (and all the rest of my beautiful brothers),

I've spent the better part of the past thirty years pondering my sexuality. In my early twenties, I did my best to be straight, including having a loving (and wonderfully erotic) relationship with a woman. At the core of my being, one thing has remained the same. When I turn to fantasy mind to get over the hump sexually, my mind, body and soul processes images and memories of men not women. So, I place myself in the gay category.

Does this mean that I don't have close bonds with women? No, not at all. I have deep, emotionally rich bonds with women to this day. Sometimes we talk about the pain that cuts us like a knife, other times we talk about the sorry state of men in relationship, other times we go to baseball games.

Do I want to have sex with any of them? Maybe, sometimes - but I choose not to because I know it would be an encounter and not a sustainable relationship. And I know too that I don't want to waste my friendships confusing emotional intimacy and sexual pleasure.

Remember that sexuality is not an on/off switch. It is not the black and white, heaven and hell world that the baptist preacher railed about from the pulpit. Human sexuality is as diverse as all other things human: eye color, hair texture, emotional makeup, taste in jokes. I've come to accept that while I may be bisexual, my life is best lived on the gay side of the fence. I don't have the strength of character or the detachment between love and sex necessary to be too polyamorous, especially if I was to blend loving, ethical relationships with men and women. It's just not safe for this rabbit.

So, what am I saying? I am all right right now. So are you, and you, and you. You are all right in this moment, and this one, and this one too. Accept that emotions are just that - feelings. They don't make rational sense sometimes. We can each choose to accept that it is possible to receive the intimacy we crave from men and women. You may have experienced deep emotional intimacy with another male. (I know I did, many times over the weekend.) That doesn't mean that your are gay. Depending on the closeness of your love-sex-intimacy experiences, you may be a little confused between intimacy and sex. Breathe. You are the same wonderful man you were on March 1st, only a little more allowing of yourself to see your connections with other human beings.

EGL hit the nail on the head a lot more succinctly than I did. A person I really look up too told me once that a sure sign you are learning is confusion. Congratulations, you are learning more about yourself!

I look forward to many more hugs from my new brothers. God knows, I need them.

Love you, brothers.
Randy

Only to someone who has the valor and daring to cut pieces of their soul off with a knife then weave them into a blanket to protect you

There are different wells within us, some fill with each good rain

Others are far, far too deep for that

#144465 - 03/08/07 12:43 AM Re: I have a question? [Re: Rabbit]
Rambler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Planet Earth
I always remind myself that I am a SPIRITUAL being having a human experience.

#144489 - 03/08/07 08:34 AM Re: I have a question? [Re: Rambler]
Elad 12 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: on the coast
d

#144492 - 03/08/07 08:50 AM Re: I have a question? [Re: Elad 12]
Derdlecar Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ogden Utah, USA
( ( ( ( ( (((((DALE))))) ) ) ) ) )

#144495 - 03/08/07 09:46 AM Re: I have a question? [Re: Elad 12]
MemoryVault Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NJ
Dale, so sorry that happened. That guy really took advantage of you. Please don't stop believing that real friends are out there.

#144498 - 03/08/07 10:41 AM Re: I have a question? [Re: MemoryVault]
Rabbit Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: San Francisco
}{ugs, Dale.

You are trusting yourself and trusting others.

I promise not to violate your trust.

Rabbit.

Only to someone who has the valor and daring to cut pieces of their soul off with a knife then weave them into a blanket to protect you

There are different wells within us, some fill with each good rain

Others are far, far too deep for that

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.