Newest Members
Green_Lantern, Safe11ride, WillWins, neophiliac, Jerone
12118 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
betterdays (29), ChevyMan76 (46), cuda (48), swartzhund (42), wdf9 (70)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 68 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12118 Members
73 Forums
62517 Topics
438110 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#143874 - 03/03/07 12:56 AM You blow it, you're dead! (rant)
memo Offline

The worst thing about being a survivor is that if you're not perfect with other survivors, you might as well shoot yourself in the head.

Don't confront. Don't challenge. Don't ever be anything but encouraging or you are the enemy.

What are we? A bunch of BABIES? NO! We survived against the odds. We are the strongest people I have ever run into. And we are not thin-skinned when it comes to fighting those odds.

But confront another survivor about abusive behaviour? God help you!

In my weekly group, I have tried to shrug it off until it got to be too much. And then I have to say STOP! You don't have a right, survivor or not, to abuse me!

It took a lot for me to get to that. And I am there and I say: Don't MESS with me!

#143885 - 03/03/07 04:08 AM Re: You blow it, you're dead! (rant) [Re: memo]
sabata Offline
MaleSurvivor

Good For You...........memo

#143907 - 03/03/07 10:03 AM Re: You blow it, you're dead! (rant) [Re: sabata]
shadowkid Offline
WARNING from ModTeam, September 2013: user "Shadowkid" was exposed as a hoaxer. His entire online persona and stories of sexual abuse were fiction. We encourage you not to become emotionally concerned by anything you see in any of his posts. Thank you
MaleSurvivor

heh its so cool to see people take their lives back ,we been messed with enough huh? its cool to see the little guy finally stand up and say enough is enough!

#143910 - 03/03/07 10:32 AM Re: You blow it, you're dead! (rant) [Re: shadowkid]
EGL Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Learning to stand up for yourself and no longer be a doormat to the rest of the world is an amazing accomplishment. Congratulations! I know how difficult that is.

#143912 - 03/03/07 10:54 AM Re: You blow it, you're dead! (rant) [Re: EGL]
goingincircles Offline
New Here

Uh, add that we should be able to call destructive behavior what it is in group without being told to shut up.
In a group I left, a survivor who engaged in hard core SM and became HIV positive just a few years ago would say that he knew how to fix everyone's problems - hey if he couldn't take care of himself I think its unhelpful and obnoxious for moderators to allow him to act like he could tell the rest of us the answers to life long issues.

#143917 - 03/03/07 11:45 AM Re: You blow it, you're dead! (rant) [Re: goingincircles]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
Good for you mem. I take it that your in a local support group?

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.