Newest Members
journey4two, VASurvivor, jayceemac, rwolf, FindingNemo
12328 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cja (49), crackerjack (55), nursemanda25 (33)
Who's Online
3 registered (Mr. Malaise, don64, 1 invisible), 15 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12328 Members
74 Forums
63403 Topics
443287 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#143702 - 03/01/07 08:34 PM Re: hello [Re: mtz]
outis Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Maryland USA
Mtz,

This is a great place to get help. As you can see, we have a wonderful bunch of people here.

Another great source of help for a lot of us is working with a therapist or counselor. If you're not ready to do that, then you're not ready. It does seem to be something that most of us eventually do. Speaking for myself, the help from my T (and at one time, from a separate marriage counselor who is a psychologist) has been a lifesaver.

Take a look around. Read some of what we've written here. Above all else, remember that the shame of CSA belongs to the perp, not the child. And you are not alone.

Thanks,

Joe

#143712 - 03/01/07 09:09 PM Re: hello [Re: outis]
sabata Offline
MaleSurvivor

Mtz Welcome.....Sorry you had the need to be here....this is a great place....has helped me figure a lot out...and a ton of support.......take your time.....please be strong for yourself.........steve

#143714 - 03/01/07 09:16 PM Re: hello [Re: sabata]
shadowkid Offline
WARNING from ModTeam, September 2013: user "Shadowkid" was exposed as a hoaxer. His entire online persona and stories of sexual abuse were fiction. We encourage you not to become emotionally concerned by anything you see in any of his posts. Thank you
MaleSurvivor

hi mtz welcome to the family shadow

#143717 - 03/01/07 09:42 PM Re: hello [Re: shadowkid]
TJ jeff Offline

MaleSurvivor

Loc: Northern Wisconsin
Welcome to MS MTZ

take your time and search around the site - there is an amazing amount of helpful info to be found here - and there are tons of good people here - you are not alone...

TJ jeff

Abuse happens in silence/isolation - Recovery happens only when that silence/isolation is broken...

TJ's History

#143757 - 03/02/07 08:22 AM Re: hello [Re: Still]
mtz Offline
New Here

TY , I need help with one topic fast because I can't lose my job and I'm having problems at my job. I have to deal with the public and I'm ok most of the time but when I have to talk to any males I start shaking and sweating and I forget what Im talking about I cant think clear and if I keep doing this I know I will get fired and I dont know how to make myself concentrate on the job, and I dont want to get fired. Is there anything I can do, I cant control it and I know it happens but I cant stop it.

#143758 - 03/02/07 08:44 AM Re: hello [Re: mtz]
lostandfound Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Singularity
MTZ,

I can relate. Though I don't have the severity you have I have a problem with male conversation. It seems to be worse when I have known the person for while.

Here's what I've done to get me through though I've been doing it most of my life as defense. First I don't look anyone directly in the eye. I focus on the bridge of their nose or right below their eye socket. This sounds weird I know. Also, I try not to get myself to the point where I feel panic. To do that I don't think of the guy as person, but rather a computer. I'm an IT manager. When I'm dealing with an employee or a male client they are not human, but a computer. A computer can't hurt or judge me. Therefore, feelings and insecurties never have a chance to take hold.

Keep in mind that this isn't healthy. But it is just how I cope on the job. I've been dealing with this crap for a short time it is getting more difficult to get through. I would recommend seeing a therapist. It has done tremdenous things for me so far. I am also on anti-anxiety medication because of the depression and panic attacks that I have been experiencing. After three weeks I'm feeling noticably better.

Panic attacks suck, but you can control them. Sometimes you need help to get you over the hump. You will get through this. The first thing you have to do is attend to yourself. Know that talking and posting can help. We are here to listen to you. This is truely a safe place. IT WILL GET BETTER.

Take care of yourself. You are very special and loved.

Blessings
-lost

Edited by lostandfound (03/02/07 08:45 AM)

#143807 - 03/02/07 08:20 PM Re: hello [Re: lostandfound]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2.5 NATO Nations
MTZ,

Similar problem here too, as my perps were the "jock-type," I can't be around that type. Not so easy in the biz world. I deal with all types and have had a really hard time with any adult ex-jocks (college football stars, etc) or current jocks. Even talking with some of the non-jock types has been a challenge too. I'll be doing a sales pitch with the highest level of exec and end up having flashbacks while they ask me questions. Some of me can hear the question...some of me is in "flashback-land." It happens a LTOT lately...a whole lot.

I have found the same thing as Lost...don't look them in the eye once the trouble within you begins. I use documents on the desk that I've just given them. I'll refer to them (the documents), point to them, stare at them..but never look at the guy in the eye.

I hope that helps...I hope Lost ir right...that it does get better. I've not seen that yet.

Rob

The Aftermath Video

The Water Buffalo Song

#143892 - 03/03/07 08:13 AM Re: hello [Re: Still]
mtz Offline
New Here

Yesterday at work when I got those feelings again , I didnt look at the customer I kept looking at the product and I kept thinking they were a character in one of my computer games. I was shakey again but this time I could talk without blanking out. You said it wasnt healthy Lost but it helped so I dont care if its not healthy thanks Lost and Robbie. Therapy didnt help me when I was younger it didnt change anything,I was a ghost kid an empty nothing and I am still a ghost and empty and nothing, I work and play computer games thats my life.

#143901 - 03/03/07 09:05 AM Re: hello [Re: mtz]
Barney Offline

Loc: Southern Utah/Northern Arizon
I am glad you are finding some techniques to help address the fear issue you mentioned. Another one that helped me in a similar situation is to picture that person putting their pants on, one leg at a time in the morning, just like I do. Or, to know that who ever that person is, they have issues, they have fears and they have doubts, just like me. They are not all-knowing or all powerful, just a person like me.

One last thought and that is to become very knowledgeable about the products and services your company offers. Knowledge is power and by being an expert on what you do will help offset any perceived notion that they are better than you. Just treat them like you would want to be treated and as you continue to work on these issues, you can get past this place.

Barney

#143903 - 03/03/07 09:41 AM Re: hello [Re: Barney]
EGL Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Welcome to MS, MTZ. I'm glad you found this place. It has been a tremendous help to me.

As to your question about how to deal with interracting with male customers, I think a key to that is to recognize that you are in no real danger with them. Realistically, what could they do? Yes, anyone could jump you and hurt you, but how likely is that? How often do you read in the paper about a customer who assaults an employee of a company? Practically never? I'm not dismissing your fears, they are very real. But as to the present, we have to re-learn how to think about present dangers in order to live in the here and now and not be captive to the past.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.