Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
aleja (40), bc22 (47), DavidMI (40), Forrest_Gump (39), Jay1946 (68), Malc4 (29), mpm01 (49), widpaulman (43)
Who's Online
1 registered (Hopein14), 5 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63570 Topics
444143 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#1445 - 03/30/03 01:21 PM Re: Confront-A-Perp
Mark Crawford Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
I know you will have the strength and wisdom to hold your head up and RETURN all the shame and guilt you lived with for years back to whom it really belongs. This man who betrayed you, your family and God.

"Things now hidden in darkness will be revealed in the light" This is the saying written on a banner which hung in a church. My perp took me to this church to read me this banner when I was much younger, he was very upset with me this day because he was begining to see how much I was trying to avoid him. In fact he was in a rage that day and very much out of control....I was terrified. He could not see or understand who really had the issues...and it was not I.

I don't know the particulars of your abuse but I am sure he was someone you once trusted and admired. I suspect he even used your faith to somehow justify his actions. Clergy abuse is often the equivelant of incest because of the close relationship between the victim and the perp.

My how the tables have turned...it is your turn to reveal in the light, that which has been hidden in the darkness for much too long! The Truth will set you free...my prayers are with you JamesMichael. May you speak with true wisdom.

Mark

#1446 - 03/30/03 10:16 PM Re: Confront-A-Perp
Nathan LaChine Offline
Webmaster
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
I wish you the best of luck james. I hope that facing that SOB will give you some closure to you past sa. Take care my brother and do not let him hurt you every again.

#1447 - 04/15/03 09:47 AM Re: Confront-A-Perp
JamesMichael Offline
MaleSurvivor

I did it. It went well for me. I was strong...I felt the support of all at MS. He said I initiated the incidences...then retracted and said, well, yes, I was the one in authority afterall. He was arrogant, patronizing, condescending. I didn't let him get away with it. I put it all back on him. I'm different for having confronted him. I'm still assessing how so. Overall, so much freer, more spontaneous and centered on who I am and becoming. It's great to throw-off the stuff that's been weighing me down. Thanks for all the support here.

JM

#1448 - 04/15/03 11:22 AM Re: Confront-A-Perp
Wuamei Offline

Loc: The left turn I should have ta...
JM,

WTG in your courageous confrontation of your perp,
as well as your not backing down & taking any blame, which to me would have been to let the arsehole abuse you again. What a powerful healing step you've taken for yoursef, and what an example you've set for the rest of us, whatever our path in confronting our perps. Thanks JM!

Victor

#1449 - 04/15/03 11:25 AM Re: Confront-A-Perp
Sick Puppy Offline

Loc: Nowhere Land
Wow!! That's awesome! \:D You are so brave. I wish I could do something like that but every time I talk to my mother I am back in the victim position again. Some day maybe I will have the courage to stand up to her. You are healing very well. \:\)

But for now we are young
Let us lay in the sun
And count every beautiful thing we can see

Neutral Milk Hotel - In the Aeroplane Over the Sea

#1450 - 04/15/03 06:19 PM Re: Confront-A-Perp
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
Michael
Quote:
I didn't let him get away with it. I put it all back on him.
These are words we should shout out loud Michael, that's such good news.

Thank you for making sure one less perp gets away with it.

Dave

#1451 - 04/15/03 06:56 PM Re: Confront-A-Perp
outis Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Maryland USA
JM,

Congratulations! That's a big step.

Quote:
I'm different for having confronted him. I'm still assessing how so. Overall, so much freer, more spontaneous and centered on who I am and becoming. It's great to throw-off the stuff that's been weighing me down. Thanks for all the support here.
Those words are a joy to read.

Your accomplishment is a source of hope for others. I'm happy for you, and for all of us who hear about what you did. Thank you for showing real strength and giving me hope,

Joe

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.