Newest Members
BusterJones, Desperateforhelp, aniceguy, Green_Lantern, Safe11ride
12121 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
betterdays (29), ChevyMan76 (46), cuda (48), swartzhund (42), wdf9 (70)
Who's Online
3 registered (mike5, JayBro, 1 invisible), 64 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12121 Members
73 Forums
62520 Topics
438137 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#143421 - 02/27/07 05:49 PM Re: A group in SoCal? [Re: ]
dvdawg056 Offline
New Here

Loc: calif
hey im lookin in so cal too sandiego

#143426 - 02/27/07 06:33 PM Re: A group in SoCal? [Re: dvdawg056]
Born to Resist Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southern California, USA
Yes, there is an LA support group(s). I have include information about the one I attend which was started by attendees of a malesurvivor weekend recovery. There are others mostly based on 12 step programs. PM me if you would like the full list, so you can choose the right group for your recovery.

WHAT WE DO
Meet every Sunday afternoon to offer encouragement and support as fellow survivors of sexual abuse. We provide a safe environment to discuss dealing with the effects of abuse, ways to heal, and share available resources. It is not our desire to merely rehash our experiences, but to work towards a healthier future. In supporting each other we hope to help one another move forward with our lives. This is purely a peer support group and is not facilitated by a therapist.

HOW DO I COME TO A MEETING?
We are currently meeting in a safe and comfortable community center with other men who have contacted us prior to coming to a meeting. We prefer to talk or e-mail with men before they come to a meeting to let them know what to expect and then give them the location of the meeting. This also helps in building a safe environment for survivors to share. We ask that all members of the group respect the privacy of each member and not repeat what is discussed nor disclose who is attending. You may contact the point member listed below to discuss attending a meeting and to learn the location and date of the next meeting.

Most survivors do not become perpetrators of abuse themselves. This group is for non-offending survivors. If you are a survivor and are abusing others we urge you to find appropriate help. This group would not be appropriate for you

Meetings are held on Sundays from 4pm to 6pm off the 405 freeway in Marina del Rey

For more information please contact me by PM

Edited by ModTeam (03/01/07 12:38 AM)

#206722 - 02/22/08 11:37 AM Re: A group in SoCal? [Re: ]
cjsd89 Offline
New Here

Loc: S.D. California
there is a mens support group in the L.A. area but I am afraid that I do not have more info for you.Thought I saw it in the forums here.

#206723 - 02/22/08 11:39 AM Re: A group in SoCal? [Re: Born to Resist]
cjsd89 Offline
New Here

I am looking for groups in San Diego.Do you know of any?

#206728 - 02/22/08 11:57 AM Re: A group in SoCal? [Re: dvdawg056]
cjsd89 Offline
New Here

If you have any luck let me know,I am looking in S.D. also.So far nothing.i will let you know if I find one.

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.