Newest Members
MJ545, Marant, BeingFound, journey4two, VASurvivor
12331 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cricket453 (60)
Who's Online
4 registered (Shyshark, pufferfish, VASurvivor, 1 invisible), 22 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12331 Members
74 Forums
63408 Topics
443325 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#14320 - 10/27/02 06:35 PM Re: EMDR therapy for Orodo
orodo Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Imladris, The Safe Haven of Ar...
That is, with headphones on for auditory, alternating beeps left and right ear, tactile is vibrating nodes, right and left hand, or visual, following a therapist hand left and right. combo would work too. Flushin out emotions, meaning I don't have the same emotional attachement to the abuse. I still feel the anger the rage guilt etc., but it subsides rather quickly.

It is better to be Dragon Master than Dragon Slayer. Some Dragons are meant to be mastered, others meant to be slain. Odin, Great Spirit, God, grant me the wisdom to know the difference. "May the Valar guide and bless you on your path under the sky"

#14321 - 10/27/02 10:32 PM Re: EMDR therapy for Orodo
ARW Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: LA
Good for you brother Orodo. You sound like a different person in these posts; lighter on your feet, more in control. That's awesome. Big hugs to you for sticking things out and keeping at the healing, under all circumstances. It ain't easy. I've only got one kid and still often feel totally overwhelmed. Your mood lifted mine tonight.

Thanks.

Al

The mind-forged manacles I hear.
-William Blake

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.