Newest Members
ShinTensei, jaklumen, Bennett, 0128, jeremywickers
12505 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Drea (31), gpdno (47), serb guy (49), Thomas8221 (60), UncleClover (43)
Who's Online
1 registered (BraveFalcon), 28 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12505 Members
74 Forums
64196 Topics
447992 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#14310 - 10/23/02 02:13 PM Re: EMDR therapy for Orodo
Roy Offline

Loc: Los Angeles
Thank you Wyoming, the R is for Reprocessing. That's exactly what it is, somehow works on a physiological level. This is definitely not snake oil. I know what you mean, Lloydy, I was skeptical, too, but afterward I was convinced. From what I understand, it is fairly widely accepted in psych circles. But I live in California, so there you go.

#14311 - 10/23/02 07:05 PM Re: EMDR therapy for Orodo
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
I believe this has been discussed before, some time back, and it got a lot of good response then.

It's a technique that's very rare over here, for no other reason - I think - than it's a copyrighted and franchised operation and the origionaters aren't that keen on letting the "established" psychological community into the secret.

I don't mean to sound negative about it, but natural cynics, like me, sometimes wonder about peoples motives in circumstances like that.
But I guess Freud and all the pioneers had the same level of doubt levelled at them.

No, I'm all for what works on the day. And there is plenty of evidence it does work.

From what I've read about this technique it sounds interesting, and I hope Orodo and any others who try it continue to gain from it.

I hope you keep us posted about how it goes.

Lloydy

#14312 - 10/24/02 12:28 AM Re: EMDR therapy for Orodo
James_dup1 Offline

Loc: Wyoming
Hey O'
Just wanted to say ty for sharing that with us. I sounds like it was very intence, doing with your "t" and telling us about it. ((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))) for both little O' and big O'

Your friend
James

#14313 - 10/24/02 10:09 AM Re: EMDR therapy for Orodo
contender Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York
Hi,

Great story on EMDR and your success in therapy.

Could you tell us a little more about how EMDR works, I think you follow with your eyes movements of the therapist and this has some kind of effect?

What do you mean by "flushing out of emotions"? All the emotions gone now or something?

Good to hear about your success once again and how your tranquility of feeling continues.

#14314 - 10/24/02 10:55 AM Re: EMDR therapy for Orodo
Lightfang Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minnesota
Orodo - My Brother,

What can I say but, WOW!!!...

I am so thrilled that you had such an awesome healing experience. Hold onto that feeling and never let it go. I look at you in awe... You are a very strong person and a wonderful friend.

Peace to you always,

George

#14315 - 10/24/02 02:46 PM Re: EMDR therapy for Orodo
Huck Offline

Loc: south carolina
I, too, am glad for your new found success with EMDR. I believe it is very important to do whatever it takes to "re-expeience" the emotions of helplessness, fear and rage that are associated with SA. Facing these emotions is what helps us overcome them and the negative results in our lives that are the result of SA. Not facing them only serves to reinforce the power they have over us, sometimes without our even knowing. I am proud of and happy for you, Orodo.

Just remember to keep at it. You will probably have some setbacks along the way, along with the successes. Good days and bad days. Good feelings about yourself, and bad ones. Always remind yourself:

"I will learn from it, I will teach, I will defend, I will be strong, I will stay strong. I can do it. I have what I need. And he will be stopped."

I know you believe this and mean it. And I know you will do it! \:D

Take care, my friend,

Huck

#14316 - 10/24/02 06:42 PM Re: EMDR therapy for Orodo
Ken Followell Offline
President
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Bradenton, FL
Orodo,

I am so glad you finally have found a therapist who is helping you. I too have used EMDR and found it very helpful. The effects have been long lastinng for me and hae greatly reduced the anxiety attacks I was having. Great work O. you truly deserve all the good feelings and success you are having.

Ken

Everything works out right in the end. If things are not working right, it isn't the end yet. Don't let it bother you, relax and keep on goin
- Michael C. Muhammad

"I get up. I walk. I fall down. Meanwhile, I keep dancing."
� Rabbi Hillel

#14317 - 10/24/02 11:23 PM Re: EMDR therapy for Orodo
Wuamei Offline

Loc: The left turn I should have ta...
I'm glad so many are finding help thru EMDR and hope you all will continue to. I don't know much about it, but as Lloydy says, if it helps use it!

For me, two-chair therapy has had pretty much the same kind of effects & results. I just started this, did 2 sessions & 2 weeks of processing, and may not do anymore at all or for a while.

Nothing works for everybody all the time, especially if there is already skepticism, or the specific treatment could be too triggering or too tough on the body.

The important thing is that everyone should look into & experiment with the increasing number of potentially great tools out there for healing & recovery until they find the things that work for them at a given time as needed.

Be Well, my fellow survivors

Wuame

#14318 - 10/27/02 03:45 AM Re: EMDR therapy for Orodo
Broken Offline

Loc: Huntingtun Beach, CA, US
hey, i am just wondering, how do you find somebody who uses this technique? Is there anything availible for low income or disabled people? It sounds interesting. It would be pretty messed up if this worked and was only availible for people who can afford it.

#14319 - 10/27/02 10:24 AM Re: EMDR therapy for Orodo
orodo Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Imladris, The Safe Haven of Ar...
Hi Brothers:

My primary therapist referred me to the therapist who specializes with emdr. I'm not sure if there are resources for all to have access to this. I wish there were, because it has been healing for me. I am thankful to God and my wife that I have been able to experience this. As far as the EMDR therapy, it can be done in several ways or combination of auditory, eye or tactile.

It is better to be Dragon Master than Dragon Slayer. Some Dragons are meant to be mastered, others meant to be slain. Odin, Great Spirit, God, grant me the wisdom to know the difference. "May the Valar guide and bless you on your path under the sky"

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.