Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cards (33), korbin2003 (39), Rosemary (53), Zebra (47)
Who's Online
7 registered (pittsburgh, Greg56, Obi, 4 invisible), 26 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63214 Topics
442022 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#142753 - 02/22/07 01:09 PM Foster Son's Death might trigger,
shadowkid Offline
WARNING from ModTeam, September 2013: user "Shadowkid" was exposed as a hoaxer. His entire online persona and stories of sexual abuse were fiction. We encourage you not to become emotionally concerned by anything you see in any of his posts. Thank you
MaleSurvivor

Foster Son's Death
By TERRY KINNEY, Associated Press Writer
5 hours ago
foster care AS IT IS FOR REAL

Liz Carroll looks at the jury box as she ...
BATAVIA, Ohio - A jury on Wednesday convicted a woman of murder for causing the death of a 3-year-old foster son by leaving him bound in a cocoon of blankets and tape while she went away to a weekend family reunion.

Liz Carroll, 30, was convicted on seven counts, including involuntary manslaughter, kidnapping, felonious assault and three counts of child endangerment by the Clermont County jury. She faces from 15 years to life in prison when sentencing begins Thursday.

Carroll grimaced and dropped her head as the verdict was read. Carroll's defense attorney, Gregory Cohen, said he would appeal.

"They don't even know my daughter! None of you even care!" her mother, Audrey Sims, shouted after the verdict.

Prosecutors said they charged Carroll with murder because she caused the death of her developmentally disabled son, Marcus Fiesel, by binding him and leaving him in a closet. They acknowledged, however, it was unintentional.

Carroll's husband, David Carroll Jr., 29, is to be tried separately in March on the same charges as his wife, along with gross abuse of a corpse. Prosecutors allege that he burned the boy's body and dumped the remains in the Ohio River.

The Carrolls told authorities the child had wandered off or had been snatched from a park in suburban Cincinnati, sparking a search by thousands of volunteers that lasted several days. When authorities began to suspect the story was a ruse, the Carrolls' live-in companion, Amy Baker, told them how the boy died, prosecutors said.

The defense portrayed Carroll as quiet and submissive, and married to a violent bully.

Baker has not been charged, but acknowledged that she helped dispose of the child's body. Prosecutors agreed not to prosecute her in exchange for her testimony against the couple, unless evidence shows she had hands-on involvement in the boy's death.

The case led to calls for reform within Ohio's foster care system. An investigation by the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services said the Carrolls were unqualified to care for Fiesel and cited failure to check references and inadequate home study and follow-up visits.

The state report recommended increased training, thorough background checks, drug testing and more data-sharing among agencies, courts and law enforcement as solutions. Legislators expect to work on reform measures this year.

Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

printable version

#142884 - 02/23/07 10:15 AM Re: Foster Son's Death might trigger, [Re: shadowkid]
batcountry Offline

Loc: the ether
hopefully they will actually do something about this and start some reform. the whole country needs it. the social services system is a fucking joke

whats the point of taking kids away from bad parents and putting them with bad foster parents? its fucking bullshit

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.