Newest Members
BCtejas, JHNebraska, mike42069, JACKL, Personman
12491 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
kb8715 (114), rom2057 (57), terrapin (51)
Who's Online
5 registered (Jim1961, Esposa, Obi, 2 invisible), 25 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12491 Members
74 Forums
64158 Topics
447715 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#151109 - 04/16/07 10:05 AM Re: Our Little Secret [Re: roadrunner]
Wornoutsoul Offline

Loc: Europe
I see Male Survivor have taken my book off their bookshop?

#151136 - 04/16/07 12:49 PM Re: Our Little Secret [Re: Wornoutsoul]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Dunx,

No, that's not the case at all. I noticed the problem and it seems to involve a quirk of the software. That is, there's something about your book that's causing it not to appear in our Autobiography list, though before that it was showing on several lists. One possibility is that it's listed in more places than the software can accommodate.

Eddie looked into the program and the book is right there with the others on the list. But on the relevant display page it just shows as a gap. We're trying to figure out why.

Actually, that's not true at all. EDDIE is trying to figure out why and I make him coffee and watch him do all the work, injecting an idiotic suggestion here and there as additional emotional punishment.

Anyway, we have noticed the problem and we're working on it. There's at least one other book that's affected by a similar problem.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#151181 - 04/16/07 07:09 PM Re: Our Little Secret [Re: roadrunner]
EGL Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Hi Duncan,

As Larry said above, there's some gremlin in the works somewhere. As you can probably tell, our MS Bookstore is linked to Amazon, which is where we actually build the pages of books that display here at MS. I can see your book on the page there at Amazon, but when the page displays here at MS there's just a gap where it's supposed to be. I'm going to do some experimenting this evening with it to see if I can figure out why it's happening. And all the while, I'll have to listen to Larry's suggestions -- "Are you sure you put it in the right place? Is it supposed to look like that?" I'll let you know what I find out.

#151186 - 04/16/07 07:47 PM Re: Our Little Secret [Re: EGL]
EGL Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
O.k., I think I know what the issue may be. The link at the top of this thread goes to http://WWW.AMAZON.CO.UK, which is the UK component of Amazon. Our MS Bookstore links into http://WWW.AMAZON.COM, the US version. When I go to http://WWW.AMAZON.COM and do a search on "Our Little Secret" or "Duncan Fairhurst", the book doesn't come up. If I go to the CO.UK site, then the book is there.

Duncan - I'm guessing your publisher has an agreement with CO.UK to sell the book but not with .COM? The only books we're able to get to are the ones on .COM. Apparently it was on .COM at one point, but is gone now (maybe listed in error?). Long story short, it's not on .COM so we can't get to it from the Amazon software that builds the pages here in the MS bookstore (although we could at one point). I went and looked at the bookstore page where it used to be, and it is gone from there now as well, even when looking at the page in the software build place on Amazon.

So I guess the main question right now is -- do you know if it should for certain be listed on .COM? If so, let me know and I'll try to contact Amazon to see if they can somehow copy the CO.UK entry into .COM.

Edited by EGL (04/16/07 07:49 PM)

#151218 - 04/16/07 09:31 PM Re: Our Little Secret [Re: EGL]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

I swear I didn't put anything in his coffee guys! Really I didn't. Humph. "co.uk"? ".com"? Sounds like Star Wars characters.... CP3O, R2D2, Jedico.UK, ....

Much searching for my inkpot,
Larry

(Woody Guthrie)

#151226 - 04/16/07 09:58 PM Re: Our Little Secret [Re: roadrunner]
Nobbynobs Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Toronto
I checked at Indigo and the book doesn't get released in Canada until May 1. Maybe the US is similar.

- Mel Brooks

#151234 - 04/16/07 10:18 PM Re: Our Little Secret [Re: Nobbynobs]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Thanks Nobs. We will get the book into our lists again as soon as we can, Dunx, but for the time being it does seem to be a problem beyond our control.

Meanwhile I will continue to think up cool IT solutions and suggestions for Eddie to explore.

Much love,
Larry

(Woody Guthrie)

#152195 - 04/22/07 10:20 AM Re: Our Little Secret [Re: Wornoutsoul]
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
I saw the book in woolworths and it is at number 3.
The design is a real eye opener, I hope it keeps
up there,

ste

#154410 - 05/04/07 04:09 PM Re: Our Little Secret [Re: reality2k4]
Chain Breaker Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Michigan
Do you have any idea about a U.S. release date?

CB

"[Insert your name here], I am [Chain Breaker]. Do you see that I am your friend? Can you see that you will always be my friend?"
--Wind In His Hair, Dances With Wolves

#154567 - 05/05/07 02:19 PM Re: Our Little Secret [Re: Chain Breaker]
Wornoutsoul Offline

Loc: Europe
NO release date for the USA yet but there has been interest from a couple of publishers who came to the London book fair.

Will keep you updated

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.