Newest Members
SiegmundNYC, TheGreatWhat, MyNameIsPaul, serenity38, vivo
12486 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Can-tex (45), cbchorn (41)
Who's Online
4 registered (4 invisible), 17 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12487 Members
74 Forums
64149 Topics
447618 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#141945 - 02/16/07 11:11 PM Re: Catholic perspectives on CSA [Re: AshSurvived]
Nobbynobs Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Toronto
Originally Posted By: AshSurvived
Nobbs: I don't know if I can send PM's, so her's what I tried to send you:

Nobby, I had a quick look at your Catholic persepctives thread and I just wanted to tell you something.

Last night my wife and I were discussing sex and marriage and the church and we both agreed the Catholics do a much better job of that sort of thing than our religion ever did. You guys actually talk about it for a start.

And you run Catholic family planning centres, and produce books on your advice. And while I don't agree with the perspectives, I really admire that type of attitude - taking a stand and actually helping people, rather than pushing it all under the rug.

And I also respect the Catholic approach to welfare and foreign aid. You Catholics have a lot to be proud of Nobby, don't let the others bait you and get you down. You know I disagree with the actual beliefs, but I have a lot of respect for your faith and for the way it is administrated. Not every atheist walks around with their head up their arse, some of us can see the good, and the all too human failings as distinct animals.

* please let me know if you got the PM.

Ash,

Back when he was Joe Ratzinger, Pope Benedict wrote very eloquently on atheism. I'll try to find you a couple of the articles he wrote, but I think you will be quite surprised by his stance.

Found one: http://www.tcrnews2.com/genratzinger.html

Scroll down to: "CARDINAL RATZINGER AND ATHEIST PHILOSOPHER DEBATE"

Edited by Nobbynobs (02/16/07 11:15 PM)

- Mel Brooks

#141949 - 02/16/07 11:27 PM Re: Catholic perspectives on CSA [Re: Nobbynobs]
dillon Offline

Loc: california,san deigo
that was really cool of u to say.... thanx \:\)

Edited by dillon (02/16/07 11:27 PM)

[url=link] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSWUYeNDwX0

New video!!

[url=link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kroz7SmSLTw&mode=related&search=

#141960 - 02/17/07 02:09 AM Re: Catholic perspectives on CSA [Re: dillon]
michael Joseph Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Virginia
It is ok for me to be mad, but what I am really mad at is the fact that sexual abuse happens at all. It is not the churches fault.

I am Polish and Irish, and Catholic.

Michael Joseph
God Bless You

The Round Table, Men's CSA Group, Monday 7:30pm CST, MaleSurvivor Chat

#141981 - 02/17/07 08:33 AM Re: Catholic perspectives on CSA [Re: michael Joseph]
Nobbynobs Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Toronto
MJ,

I think that the "Church," I.E., the organisation that administers the Holy Roman Catholic Church, is guilty of countless sins, and has been the cause of great evil in the world.

At the same time, I think the "church," I.E., Corpus Christi, the body of Christ, (or the "Catholics") have been responsible for some of the greatest acts of grace that this planet has seen.

The problem is differentiating between the people who use the "organisation" of the Church to do wrong, and the people who "are" the Church, I.E., Catholics.

We must never forget that the Church organisation is not God. The Church organisation is the administrative system that has evolved in order to provide the organisational structure to the works of the Catholic Church, such as theology, building Churches, running charities, etc.

The "body of Christ" Church is the Church in communion with God, and while it exists within the "organisation" of the Roman Catholic Church, it is not responsible for the sins committed by the members of the Church.

I find that when people say they "hate the Church," what they really mean is that they are very angry over the evil that some of the people within the Church have done. And because of the immense betrayal that this evil represents (they are hurting people and telling them that it is God's will that they are being hurt) the anger that results is also immense.

The thing to remember is that their are very good people within the Church, and that the Church's powers to heal have not been diminished one iota by the abuses. Like Ash mentioned, the Catholic charities are very good organisations, and they are a great force for healing in the world. So when you think of the Church, and the evil that has been done in its name, always try to remember the good side too.

- Mel Brooks

#142398 - 02/19/07 09:11 PM Re: Catholic perspectives on CSA [Re: Mark Antony]
froggy12 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Marlboro, MA 01752
One can forgive but not forget.
But if I don't forgive I have a resentment and I ride it like a tsunami, and die. So I have to try, slowly and then again tomorrow, until....
Hate kills, eats me up alive and I can not let that happen to me. Wastes a lot of energy too. So all I can say is "God, show me the way."

a very cold froggy -25 wind chill.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.