Newest Members
0128, jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2, DaiseyLady
12502 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
fakir (71), HelpMeHelpHim32 (41), motherstars (65)
Who's Online
3 registered (Dave PNW, 2 invisible), 26 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12502 Members
74 Forums
64191 Topics
447941 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#84835 - 12/04/06 05:35 PM Abused victims who were rented out**Triggers**
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Abused victims who were rented out win 300,000

NINE victims of a paedophile ring who suffered 'a living hell of sexual and physical abuse' at a council-run boys' home decades ago have received an out-of-court settlement of more than 300,000.

The abuse took place at the now defunct Berkshire County Council's Green Field House between 1964 and 1970.

At the time, the home - which took in boys with problems at home or school - was run by warden Don Prescott, a former soldier, who is believed to have subsequently died.

Alan Collins, the victims' solicitor, said that Prescott appeared to have been at the centre of a paedophile web, which saw boys suffering horrendous abuse.

They were rented out to paedophiles in places such as London, Leicester, Reading and Cambridge.

Boys were forced to take part in the abuse and were also filmed and photographed at other locations away from the home.

Mr Collins told the Express: "It must have been, at the time, a living hell. They were subjected to physical and sexual abuse."

Prescott - who is believed to have been born in the 1920s - suddenly left the home in 1970 with his wife Doris and Mr Collins said: "It all seemed to come to an end in 1970 when he moved on."

Mr Collins said police had their suspicions about the home in the late 1960s and early 1970, but the abuse only came to light in 2000, when a former resident suffered a breakdown and contacted Thames Valley Police.

Mr Collins explained: "I believe that he saw something on television that brought it all back."

A total of nine victims eventually came forward, along with others who were willing to give evidence.

One man, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was subsequently charged with sex abuse but the case was dropped due to lack of evidence.

The victims eventually decided to pursue a civil case, which was due to be heard at Winchester Crown Court this week.

However, the royal borough, who are the successor authority to Berkshire County Council agreed the out-of-court settlement last Friday, along with the defunct authority's insurers.

Asked about the compensation Mr Collins commented: "At least they have got some sort of justice after all that has happened to them."

He added: "Nothing can ever fully repay what happened to them."

Little is known of what happened to Prescott after 1970, other than it is believed he died around 19 years ago.

Mr Collins said police are certain that Prescott is dead, but he acknowledged that there could still be other victims who have not come forward.

He told the Express: "We are probably only scraping the surface. I think it takes a lot of guts to come forward and talk about this sort of thing."

#84837 - 12/06/06 04:21 PM Re: Abused victims who were rented out**Triggers**
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
There's a lot of 'history' surrounding that era that we'll never ever hear about - certainly not the full story anyway.

Since I've become active with other survivors in the local area, the area I have always lived in, I've learned a lot of things about a lot of places and people that will NEVER become public knowledge.

I 'suspect' that the boarding schools and childrens homes had a core of pedophile teachers and care workers that circulated amongst them, so cooperation was common.

I 'suspect' that childrens case notes were marked to identify abused children, so the abusers could carry on in the next home. Even the taxi drivers knew about that, so they read the notes and abused kids as well.

I 'suspect' the names of councilors, policemen, judges, teachers and all manner of 'responsible' people who are repeatedly named by survivors.

I 'suspect' that these same people were the ones who would call at childrens homes at night with special requests.

I believe the survivors that tell me about waiting in a corridor outside a room in a childrens home waiting to be called in, for a special request.
Sometimes as many as a dozen kids would be sat on chairs down the corridor - just waiting.

What can we do? nothing at all.
The survivors are too scared, even after all this time. They're still too damaged to make credible witness'. They don't trust the system and the authority. Often the statute of limitations has rendered any action impossible.

They were truly sad and desperate times, our only hope is that times have changed and institutions are safer than they were.

Dave

#84838 - 12/06/06 05:35 PM Re: Abused victims who were rented out**Triggers**
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Dave, I cannot even begin to imagine the mind of a child taken into care who has been abused would feel.

So the parents go to jail for it, then they end up in a home for it to happen again.
How confusing to a child is that?

I am pretty sure its still happening today, and cant think how they cover their asses.
What a waste of young lives put into a life of Hell!

ste

#84839 - 12/06/06 11:32 PM Re: Abused victims who were rented out**Triggers**
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
I'm sure it still happens, but there are greater controls, and more importantly greater awareness of abuse in closed societies so I'm optimistic that childrens homes and boarding schools are safer today than they once were.

But we all know the devious minds of abusers.
And no amount of checks and vigilance will ever stop the determined abuser.
I believe that there will always be a need for place like Axis and MS to pick up the pieces.

Sad, but true.
Dave

#84840 - 12/07/06 05:18 PM Re: Abused victims who were rented out**Triggers**
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

The biggest worry, is those who keep it quiet.
For authorities to shield these beasts means that they are also complicit in the same behaviour.

If it is covered up it gives a green light for them to carry on without anybody knowing there are beasts in their midst.

Crimes such as these are the worst thing you can do to little kids, why shield them beggars belief.
Its a lot more organised than we think, and it goes from the very top with "D" notices being issued on those in hierarchy.

Ian Huntley and all those before him were covered up with no public enquiry.
Does that mean the ones 'outed' are the scapegoats for what really goes on?

You bet,

ste

#142354 - 02/19/07 02:32 PM Re: Abused victims who were rented out**Triggers** [Re: reality2k4]
philobat Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
Those assholes are child molesters. Pedophiles are those who have an interest in sex with children. Molesters actually do it.

Personally I think they should just call them Monsters and leave it at that. Because that is exactly what they are.

Edited by philobat (02/19/07 02:33 PM)

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.