Newest Members
susanhepp, Breathe, georgetwo, frozen45, lilac
12291 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Guillermo (37), illbedat (26), Mike58 (56), Mnovit (38), Mongo (24), pwdasw (64), Raymond Sean (38), yesac76 (38)
Who's Online
8 registered (pow, Jwmcd2, gettingstronger, 4 invisible), 24 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12291 Members
73 Forums
63236 Topics
442203 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#141951 - 02/16/07 11:55 PM Yeah, I would call this one "pretty strange".
melliferal Offline
MaleSurvivor

Old woman gets 36 months for abusing 11-year-old boy

Quote:
PORTLAND, Oregon (AP) -- An 84-year-old woman who confessed to having sex with an 11-year-old boy in her foster care reached a deal with prosecutors and pleaded guilty Thursday to attempted sex abuse, officials said.

She must register as a sex offender after serving her sentence at a women's prison, and must pay $5,000 to the victim, as well as up to $7,500 in restitution for counseling.

A rather anemic article, I suppose. Probably for the best. But yeah, it's pretty sick - as usual.

Quote:
Her age and lack of prior criminal convictions played a role in the plea deal.

Oh, please... *puke*

Oprah's resources for male survivors

#142008 - 02/17/07 12:40 PM Re: Yeah, I would call this one "pretty strange". [Re: melliferal]
duncanUK Offline
MaleSurvivor

only 36 months!!!!!! that kid is going to be damaged for life because of her.

duncan

Edited by ModTeam (02/19/07 03:19 AM)

#142097 - 02/17/07 08:56 PM Re: Yeah, I would call this one "pretty strange". *DELETED* [Re: duncanUK]
jacobtk Offline
MaleSurvivor

Post deleted by jacobtk

Every day I die again, and again Iím reborn/Every day I have to find the courage/To walk out into the street/With arms out/Got a love you canít defeat/Neither down nor out/Thereís nothing you have that I need/I can breathe/Breathe now - U2

#142136 - 02/18/07 01:07 AM Re: Yeah, I would call this one "pretty strange". [Re: jacobtk]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO
The whole thing makes me wanna puke.

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#142138 - 02/18/07 01:31 AM Re: Yeah, I would call this one "pretty strange". [Re: FormerTexan]
philobat Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
Actually she got a decent sentence. We should be grateful. Usually in these situations and their age they get probation and sex offender registry.

I highly recommend watching Notes On A Scandal. As offensive as this movie may be it does delivery a message that old women, and perps will never stop.

It may make you angry, but for me- I see the industry delivering a message that just might add to the climate of change, intolerance to abuse and stiffer sentences.

I may be a bit optimistic, but I never under-estimate the influence of movies and television has over the masses.

Watch it with sharper eyes. With movies like this an awareness seed is planted.

I love you all very much. Now I have to go throw up!

-Philobat

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.