Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Daniel McKinney (35), Framery (44), JohanDoug (70), ltlkty (55)
Who's Online
2 registered (focusedbody, susie), 27 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63178 Topics
441782 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#141951 - 02/16/07 11:55 PM Yeah, I would call this one "pretty strange".
melliferal Offline
MaleSurvivor

Old woman gets 36 months for abusing 11-year-old boy

Quote:
PORTLAND, Oregon (AP) -- An 84-year-old woman who confessed to having sex with an 11-year-old boy in her foster care reached a deal with prosecutors and pleaded guilty Thursday to attempted sex abuse, officials said.

She must register as a sex offender after serving her sentence at a women's prison, and must pay $5,000 to the victim, as well as up to $7,500 in restitution for counseling.

A rather anemic article, I suppose. Probably for the best. But yeah, it's pretty sick - as usual.

Quote:
Her age and lack of prior criminal convictions played a role in the plea deal.

Oh, please... *puke*

Oprah's resources for male survivors

#142008 - 02/17/07 12:40 PM Re: Yeah, I would call this one "pretty strange". [Re: melliferal]
duncanUK Offline
MaleSurvivor

only 36 months!!!!!! that kid is going to be damaged for life because of her.

duncan

Edited by ModTeam (02/19/07 03:19 AM)

#142097 - 02/17/07 08:56 PM Re: Yeah, I would call this one "pretty strange". *DELETED* [Re: duncanUK]
jacobtk Offline
MaleSurvivor

Post deleted by jacobtk

Every day I die again, and again Iím reborn/Every day I have to find the courage/To walk out into the street/With arms out/Got a love you canít defeat/Neither down nor out/Thereís nothing you have that I need/I can breathe/Breathe now - U2

#142136 - 02/18/07 01:07 AM Re: Yeah, I would call this one "pretty strange". [Re: jacobtk]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO
The whole thing makes me wanna puke.

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#142138 - 02/18/07 01:31 AM Re: Yeah, I would call this one "pretty strange". [Re: FormerTexan]
philobat Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
Actually she got a decent sentence. We should be grateful. Usually in these situations and their age they get probation and sex offender registry.

I highly recommend watching Notes On A Scandal. As offensive as this movie may be it does delivery a message that old women, and perps will never stop.

It may make you angry, but for me- I see the industry delivering a message that just might add to the climate of change, intolerance to abuse and stiffer sentences.

I may be a bit optimistic, but I never under-estimate the influence of movies and television has over the masses.

Watch it with sharper eyes. With movies like this an awareness seed is planted.

I love you all very much. Now I have to go throw up!

-Philobat

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.