Newest Members
cricket1007, Nickie98, jahfree, Daryl X., tryintothrive
12496 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mrwhiskers (25), SouthernLaw (41), TerryT (61)
Who's Online
7 registered (Bluedogone, cricket1007, jahfree, 4 invisible), 22 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12496 Members
74 Forums
64163 Topics
447753 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#140802 - 02/08/07 11:45 PM Child Abusing Parents Finally Caught
AshSurvived Offline

Loc: Australia
Here is an article I just happened across about the failure of social workers to intervene in 'the worst case of child abuse' the judge had ever seen.

Warning!: this is a short article, but it is 'A Child Called IT' style in it's intensity.

I hope if any good can come of this it will at least be the final public recognition of mother's complicity when 'the boyfriend did it'.

Be prepared to cry and lose the plot over this one.

http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/crime/article2251371.ece

- Harvey Pekar to David Letterman
(American Splendour)

#141800 - 02/16/07 06:54 AM Re: Child Abusing Parents Finally Caught [Re: AshSurvived]
philobat Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
When I was very young my parents were this cruel to me. I saw sent to live with my father in Oregon. I am pretty sure I was in the second grade. However old that is. I really dont remember much about dates at times. It has helped to have a childhood friend who reminded me. We have recently gotten back in touch.

My father and his new wife, Nancy were very cruel and sadistic and finally the abuse was so obvious it came to the attention of my 4th grade teacher, Mrs. Forsythe. She pulled me aside and after a while I told her what was going on to the best of my memory.

People got involved and it became a very big deal. Nancy begged me as did my father to say I was making it all up because I was going to destroy the families. They were both crying and said I could have anything I wanted if I told the authorities and Mrs. Forsythe that I made it all up. I told them I wanted to go back to California and live with my mother.

Mrs. Forsythe was asked to leave the school over it I think. After a while I asked to go back to California, things started to get better, then they started up again. When I demanded to speak to my mother , my father told me she didn't want to talk to me then he showed me a picture of a baby in a crib very badly beaten, bruised and a broken arm. He told me that my mother had done that.

I asked my Grandmother if it was true and she said it was but did not know whether it was my mother or father, but that she had taken me from them several times.

I do not remember it at all and it wasn't until years later (I didn't speak to anyone in my family for almost 10 years) after a suicide attempt (in my thirties) that my Grandmother acknowledged that I had been abused and reminded me of that time with the picture. I had totally blocked it out.

I just hope that this little girl does not remember the horrors she has gone through until she is in a very safe place.

Let me also say, that I can't believe they believed me when I said I made it all up. There were neighbors that were witnesses to the many beatings I suffered, a few knew about the sex abuse as well. Shit, this is so hard to write but I couldn't sleep. Its almost 4 in the morning here.

This article sickens me because I know how clever perps are and how they are believed, even with witnesses and signs of abuse. There is no excuse for it in this day and age. Absolutely none. There weren't a lot of options 40 some years ago and it looks there is nothing being done!

22 years? What the fuck, are you kidding me? Making a kid eat her own shit, then breaking bones? The judge called it the worst case and gave those sick fucks only 22 years!

They should be locked away for the rest of their lives. This just makes me want to give up again. I mean whats the point.

I am so fucking numb I can't even cry for her because I can't cry for me. This makes me so mad that I want to go to the UK and get in trouble just so I can get into that jail and slit that bastard's throat!

#141851 - 02/16/07 03:07 PM Re: Child Abusing Parents Finally Caught [Re: philobat]
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Yeah, I have been following it, and hope they never see the light of day again.
They both got life, 22 years is the minimum before they are even able to apply for parole

ste

#141857 - 02/16/07 04:28 PM Re: Child Abusing Parents Finally Caught [Re: reality2k4]
philobat Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
Thats awesome! Hopefully, the parole board will ensure the life part!

Thanks, ste- I feel better about this.

I will think about that little girl and burn a candle for her every day I can remember to.

-Philo

PS- I meant to PM this post! Geeze am I stupid at 4 in the morning!

Edited by philobat (02/16/07 04:29 PM)

#141858 - 02/16/07 04:31 PM Re: Child Abusing Parents Finally Caught [Re: reality2k4]
duncanUK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Put the judge in the same position as that kid and then he will see that 22 years is not good enought. how can they even say a life sentence. The whole thing makes me sick.

i would like to put the abusers against a wall and shoot the fuckers.

#141861 - 02/16/07 04:39 PM Re: Child Abusing Parents Finally Caught [Re: philobat]
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
My barrister friend assures me that life means life when a judge says it.

The tarriff is set by the judge, but we dont often hear that the judge will say that future concerns of children in the future would mean that you may very well stay in jail for the rest of your remaining life.

The statement above written by the judge would have to be in the first and final issue for the parole board.
They are very disturbed ppl who need help, and have to show at least remorse for what they did.

I doubt if they ever can,

ste

#141930 - 02/16/07 09:38 PM Re: Child Abusing Parents Finally Caught [Re: reality2k4]
AshSurvived Offline

Loc: Australia
I'm sorry this was so upsetting, especially for you Philo. Perhaps I should think twice in future. I was just so overjoyed the sick fuckers were caught, and it just coincided with things happening to me right now that I had to post it.

Look, if it's necessary I'll delete it, just PM me with the word, and it's gone.

I'm really glad you shared that bit of your story Philo, even if you were tired and you regretted it later. I'm hoping I get that tired and get some of that my out too, it really helps all of us when you share that stuff, helps us who can't talk about it yet. Thanks.

- Harvey Pekar to David Letterman
(American Splendour)

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.