Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
adam319 (46), Bellemaman (36), Bob G. (58), S D Witwicky (38)
Who's Online
6 registered (Scott1962, cant_remember, Drummer, Obi, petercorbett, 1 invisible), 24 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63226 Topics
442132 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#141413 - 02/13/07 02:54 PM Periecarditis
VN Offline
MaleSurvivor

It is probable not worth it, that I post of this here. But I guess, it can not 'hurt' either, so I do.

I have this, right now. It is 'imflammation around the heart'. WebMD It is something, I get it seems much. I think I have had this five or six times in past few years. But it is not so serious I guess as 'endocarditis', which I guess is imflammation of the inner lining of heart, which I have had also two times. I have had heart issues, and had surgery last year, and I thought, that will make this stop. But I have had this I think three times since surgery even.

It is pain, and it is frightening to me. I have looked different places, for reserching it, I guess more I am likely to get it because of the heart problems already, and the rhumatic arthritis I have. But I have not seen no where anything to prevent it happening, just explaining about it and how it is treated. I do not know if there is anything to prevent it. I eat healthy, I exercise, and am in good enough health I can be. I do not know if anyone here have answers, but if ynou know anything, can you please tell to me? Thank you.

VN

#141425 - 02/13/07 04:28 PM Re: Periecarditis [Re: VN]
Nobbynobs Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Toronto
Visha,

From the good folks at the Canadian Heart and Stroke Foundation:

http://ww2.heartandstroke.ca/Page.asp?PageID=1613&ContentID=22915&ContentTypeID=1

Edited by Nobbynobs (02/13/07 04:31 PM)

- Mel Brooks

#141426 - 02/13/07 04:29 PM Re: Periecarditis [Re: VN]
Nobbynobs Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Toronto
duplicate

Edited by Nobbynobs (02/13/07 04:31 PM)

- Mel Brooks

#141439 - 02/13/07 07:20 PM Re: Periecarditis [Re: Nobbynobs]
ScottyTodd Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Pennsylvania
Thanks, Nobbynobs, for that informative post!! It made understanding that disease much simpler.

Vishna, I have heart problems too but it sounds like you have constant pain. Sorry for your suffering!! The article Nobbynobs shared has some treatment options. If you've tried them, are they effective treatments?

Howard

#141466 - 02/13/07 08:54 PM Re: Periecarditis [Re: VN]
outis Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Maryland USA
Visha,

It sounds like the surgery should have been a good treatment. Do they need to treat the arthritis to prevent this from returning?

You are in my prayers.

Thanks,

Joe

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.