Newest Members
Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated, donmarks
12383 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Beluga (64), Isreal101 (65), Phil Sober (41), phil1973 (41), Teddy Bear (63)
Who's Online
3 registered (Won'tGiveUp, 2 invisible), 35 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12383 Members
74 Forums
63644 Topics
444485 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#141170 - 02/11/07 06:43 PM Getting some Female Attention ! Help !
woundedgazelle Offline

Loc: ireland
Hi; well things are changing fast. I have pulled myself out of my rut and i am discovering a new world with friends and doing things to make myself more confident. Got involved in drama, dancing etc and other things and made a whole lot of new friends.

A friend asked me to go with her to dancing classes. So i have been going. There is a girl there giving me the eye! I even said it to my female friend and she saw it as well. (Cos I thought I was imagining it)
I am going HELP ! PANIC ! I think I shall run in the opposite direction as fast as my little legs can take me!!
There is a teeny weeny part of me that is excited as this is all new.
But the other problem is that I was out the other night with a girl which i do have feelings for (as part of crowd); but i am too shy and sensitive to say anything. I think these feelings are different. Plus i have the CSA thing in the back of my mind. Plus she flirts with me a little bit and I don't know if it is genuinine or just office flirting.

I am scared of intimacy and being close. I suppose it is the whole thing of opening up and allowing new feelings to happen. I am mature in so many areas of my life; but not this area i.e. relationships etc etc. Any female perspective / viewpoints would be appreciated. Or any general comments from the guys.

In a nutshell I think i fancy one girl, who flirts with me; i think; and now i have another girl who i think is giving me the eye. Its a feast or famine. But i am scared of moving and trying something different cos i am a ashamed of my life and myself.

Edited by woundedgazelle (02/11/07 06:46 PM)

#141178 - 02/11/07 07:25 PM Re: Getting some Female Attention ! Help ! [Re: woundedgazelle]
Nobbynobs Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Toronto
wounded,

I can still remember the first time I realised a girl was interested in me. I was 23, and it scared the crap out of me.

I don't really have a lot of advice other than to be yourself, and try to spend more time with one or both women. Women generally let you know when they are interested in you, through a bunch of different ways (I'll let the women here fill you in on those). Anyway, it never hurts to ask one of them out for coffee. You never know.

- Mel Brooks

#141183 - 02/11/07 08:03 PM Re: Getting some Female Attention ! Help ! [Re: woundedgazelle]
outis Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Maryland USA
WoundedGazelle,

You have a resource that perhaps you don't recognize, your dance partner who confirmed that a girl was giving you the eye. Can you ask her for a female opinion? I'm not trying to complicate your life, but did your female friend ask you to join her at class because she herself has some feelings for you?

Feeling feelings may be new, even scary, but it's not fatal. Go ahead and ask the woman you like to join you in some low-key activity, like coffee, etc. If she turns you down, knowing where you stand with her is better than wondering. If she accepts, maybe you'll enjoy the time together. Intimacy and being close are still some ways down the road after coffee, so try not to get too worked up about that.

Thanks,

Joe

#141185 - 02/11/07 08:16 PM Re: Getting some Female Attention ! Help ! [Re: outis]
Nobbynobs Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Toronto
Best not to ask the friend. Just go talk to the girl yourself and see how she responds. If she seems interested (you'll know from how she talks to you) then ask her if she wants to meet for a coffee after class sometime.

- Mel Brooks

#141186 - 02/11/07 08:21 PM Re: Getting some Female Attention ! Help ! [Re: Nobbynobs]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hi WG.

I see me in your post. yeah. Pretty scary, being liked by a gal when you've never been able to respond and aren't sure you can now. Ask her out. I know it's frightening. Fear of rejection. Fear of doing something stupid. But you know what? They like you! They're communicating that to you in one way or another. Ask her/them out. If it's "office flirting" she'll let you know. It's not rejection. And besides \:\) you have two to choose from at the moment, and there will be others because they can see a guy who has conficence. You've said it yourself. Pretty good odds, Bro. It's obvious you're likable. You'll do fine, buddy. It's OK to be nervous. Just go for it! And let us know how it goes, OK? Good or bad. It's OK.

Lots of love,

John

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.