Newest Members
DT, kk90, Austintexan, Cancan, LS
12257 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Blank (36), christx (41), Heartonfire (38), Nathan LaChine (31)
Who's Online
6 registered (JayBro, Obi, 4 invisible), 21 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12257 Members
73 Forums
63126 Topics
441438 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#140753 - 02/08/07 02:27 PM f vs m abusers how does it effect survivors?
indygal Offline

can other survivors or fnf offer some insight on female to male abuse?
indy

#140780 - 02/08/07 07:00 PM Re: f vs m abusers how does it effect survivors? [Re: indygal]
outis Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Maryland USA
Indy,

I don't really see that there is a difference. The last perp in my past, in my teen years, was male and more methodically violent, but in my personal experience males have no monopoly on violence.

Have you read the PDF from David Lisak that's in the Resources list here? I know that several of the "issues" he identifies in there contributed to my difficulties, to the point that I can see how I unwittingly contributed to the demise of my marriage. The effects spread through all relationships, but the greater the need for trust or chance for intimacy (emotional or physical), the more likely a survivor has to face the issues head-on. That's never easy and certainly doesn't seem as easy as pulling away (in some form), at least before a survivor starts working to heal.

Thanks,

Joe

#140782 - 02/08/07 07:34 PM Re: f vs m abusers how does it effect survivors? [Re: outis]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO
indygal,

My mother did many things to me that basically made the sexuality of women look quite horrifying. Coupled with her general anti-male attitude and women come across as people one never wants to be in relationship with. They can't be trusted, they are mean to males, and their sons need saving from them.

I have worked through many of those issues now and hope to completely see women as intended by God: loving, complementary creations. It has been a long, tough road.

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#140813 - 02/09/07 12:52 AM Re: f vs m abusers how does it effect survivors? [Re: FormerTexan]
indygal Offline

thanks for all your comments - and i tried the Resources list once before but lisak's link comes up w/the url not found - i didn't contact anyone because i believed it had been removed for some reason (maybe that's incorrect?)

i'm still thinking about what you all have said and will comment more later, ok?

if someone else has something to add, please do.

indy

#140817 - 02/09/07 01:36 AM Re: f vs m abusers how does it effect survivors? [Re: FormerTexan]
AshSurvived Offline

Loc: Australia

Edited by AshSurvived (02/10/07 06:50 AM)

#140856 - 02/09/07 12:14 PM Re: f vs m abusers how does it effect survivors? [Re: AshSurvived]
indygal Offline

Originally Posted By: AshSurvived
I find you get my back up.

ash, if this is true, well, why do you seem to think it is my problem? \:\/

why I have said before I reckon you ought to talk things over with a shrink, precisely because there are probably things in your nature that are triggers, things you can't see at all.

no doubt that's true for virtually every human being walking the planet.

Before you get upset, wait, I'm just trying to give you the view from someone who also has issues with women.

you just told me i create negative feelings in you and that i should see a shrink about it and you don't think i'm going to get upset? \:\/

annoyed is probably a better de>

#140898 - 02/09/07 05:14 PM Re: f vs m abusers how does it effect survivors? [Re: indygal]
Rambler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Planet Earth
indygal, make it simple and just ask him. My mother was my perp and at a point I was functioning like a normal person (or appeared to).

How would one truly know the differences between m or f ? Every case is sooooo different.

#140937 - 02/09/07 10:22 PM Re: f vs m abusers how does it effect survivors? [Re: Rambler]
compassion Offline

Loc: Illinois, US
Hey, Indygal...

Can I ask what you were communicating with the following...needing some clarity.

he's too functional for that

My "avatar" is a lotus...a beautiful flower that thrives in muddy water.

#140942 - 02/09/07 10:54 PM Re: f vs m abusers how does it effect survivors? [Re: compassion]
indygal Offline

#140945 - 02/09/07 11:01 PM Re: f vs m abusers how does it effect survivors? [Re: indygal]
outis Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Maryland USA
Indy,

Here's a link to David Lisak's PDF from a wealth of resources at Jim Hopper's web site.

HTH,

Joe

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.