Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
melnjams (42), rage (27)
Who's Online
6 registered (BuffaloCO, I Want 2 Thrive, ac9, sadclown, Cthulhu, 1 invisible), 27 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63191 Topics
441852 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#140602 - 02/07/07 01:01 PM something i found this morning
Jarrad Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: arizona

#140606 - 02/07/07 01:17 PM Re: something i found this morning *DELETED* [Re: Jarrad]
jacobtk Offline
MaleSurvivor

Post deleted by jacobtk

Every day I die again, and again I’m reborn/Every day I have to find the courage/To walk out into the street/With arms out/Got a love you can’t defeat/Neither down nor out/There’s nothing you have that I need/I can breathe/Breathe now - U2

#140612 - 02/07/07 02:01 PM Re: something i found this morning [Re: jacobtk]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO
Interesting article, Jarrad.

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#140675 - 02/07/07 09:08 PM Re: something i found this morning [Re: FormerTexan]
shadowkid Offline
WARNING from ModTeam, September 2013: user "Shadowkid" was exposed as a hoaxer. His entire online persona and stories of sexual abuse were fiction. We encourage you not to become emotionally concerned by anything you see in any of his posts. Thank you
MaleSurvivor

i don't see the down side of this?

#140723 - 02/08/07 08:28 AM Re: something i found this morning [Re: shadowkid]
batcountry Offline

Loc: the ether
the down side is that if the penalty for murder and child molestation is the same, perps are more likely to just kill their victims. because dead kids cant talk...

#140725 - 02/08/07 08:50 AM Re: something i found this morning [Re: batcountry]
shadowkid Offline
WARNING from ModTeam, September 2013: user "Shadowkid" was exposed as a hoaxer. His entire online persona and stories of sexual abuse were fiction. We encourage you not to become emotionally concerned by anything you see in any of his posts. Thank you
MaleSurvivor

good point ,but i dont think that perps consider what could happen to them if they get caught, murder and child molestation are the same,a kid dies even if hes still alive he will never be that same kid again. i mean religon says they will go to hell ,and they know what can happen to baby rapers in prison ,but that dont stop them .a lethal injection stops them period.if a perp is gonna kill the kid,he will, i dont think he would think well if i let him live i'll only go to prison ,so maybe i wont kill him

#140727 - 02/08/07 08:59 AM Re: something i found this morning [Re: shadowkid]
batcountry Offline

Loc: the ether
some may think that, we dont really know what goes on in other people's heads. i just dont like the idea of anything that could increase child murders. maybe some perp cant control himself and molests a kid, and then after he gets panicked and thinks about the consequences, and thinks that if he kills the kid he is more likely to not get caught.

i dont support the death penalty anyways, but i know thats irrelevant, because some people do so im not going to argue that here, but aside from that i think this law could be a bad idea. it also means that kids may be less likely to report it if their abuser was a friend or family member because they dont want them to die. it puts WAY too much pressure on the kid as well..

#140735 - 02/08/07 11:28 AM Re: something i found this morning [Re: batcountry]
Brian Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Upstate NY
Batcounrty,

I not against the death penalty in general but you make some very valid points!

Brian

#140736 - 02/08/07 11:37 AM Re: something i found this morning [Re: Brian]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Actually, it one of the best arguments against the death penalty I've ever encountered, and I'm on the fence regarding capital punishment.

John

#140747 - 02/08/07 01:41 PM Re: something i found this morning [Re: WalkingSouth]
lostandfound Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Singularity
I am against the death penalty. I don't believe that because a jury finds you guilty or innocent that you are in fact guilty or innocent. Finding guilt or innocence in our legal system is more who is the better attorney, the prosecutor or the defense attorney. Or, which side has the better evidence. The prospect of sending a possibly innocent person to their death frightens me.

Now, having said that I remember wondering why the cops didn't go ahead shoot Devlin. I do think that it is a very weak argument that the death penalty is a deterrent. Perps don't care. And, I agree that it might cause a perp to kill a child to avoid getting caught.

Bad idea in my opinion, though some things are worse than death. I think that a child molester should get life in prison. One count, one life term and I mean the rest of their life with out parole or appeal.

-lost

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.