Newest Members
OxfordArms, Anony_mous, Drew6991x, Miro, jj843
12365 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
gryffindor (67), KevinSweeney (57), latinflavor815 (52), latin_flavor_815 (52), RTMark (33), sabooka (35), southpaw10 (46)
Who's Online
4 registered (highflight, 3 invisible), 24 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12365 Members
74 Forums
63548 Topics
444000 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#140390 - 02/05/07 12:23 PM What Planet Was Baby Garret Jury From?
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
The mother and boyfriend who murdered Baby Garrett were found not guilty of murder, and are equally as innocent as O.J. Simpson. The mother knew Baby Garret was seriously injured from a traumatic beating with bruises matching an adult fist, and put him to bed without seeking any medical care.

For aggravated child abuse, which caused the death of Baby Garrett, the maximum sentence for aggravated child abuse should be applied. That would be about four years under Tennessee law. They would serve 30%, or a total of 16 months.

Not only does the punishment not fit the pain and torment inflicted on Baby Garret, but sends the message that there is absolutely no accountability for the ultimate violation of Baby Garret's human rights, taking his life.

The notion that a person can be found guilty of child abuse that results in the child's death, but is not guilty of murder, is absolutely ludicrous and defies logic.

If I shot someone with a gun, and they die as a result = murder
If I beat a child to death, and the child dies as a result = murder.

Baby Garrett's human rights to be free from violence supersede the parental property right of the mother, and the only consideration should have been taking Baby Garrett's life.

T.C. Thompson's top pedestrian testified that the injuries inflicted upon Baby Garret were intentionally, hard-shaking, bruises of an adult fist. The medical experts were adamant that Baby Garret died from intentional child abuse. With these injuries, the mother tucks her injured child into bed and seeks no medical attention for life-threatening physical abuse. Her boyfriend still with her. Baby Garret dies.

What planet was this jury from? Please do not serve again and send a message that a parant can beat their child to death and it is not murder.

#140392 - 02/05/07 01:25 PM Re: What Planet Was Baby Garret Jury From? [Re: reality2k4]
Nobbynobs Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Toronto
Strange result. There must have been something in the evidence, or she had a very good defence lawyer.

- Mel Brooks

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.