Newest Members
JimHouston42, GKB, MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS
12466 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
BobdaFarmer61 (53), LeeM1974 (40), MATROS48 (57), victor valdez (40)
Who's Online
3 registered (Jay1159, finallyhere, 1 invisible), 19 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12466 Members
74 Forums
64008 Topics
446740 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#139413 - 01/29/07 04:23 AM Something else I've realised from the photographs
RICK57 Offline

Loc: ENGLAND
I've heard it said (written) here many times: "What was it about me that stood out? What was it that made me the target?" I've seen those words, or words like them many times.

Looking at the photographs that are appearing now, none of us stand out as being different or unusual in any way! We were just kids - our childhood should never have been interrupted.

The photographs I have seen are from kids at different locations in the world. It doesn't matter where we are from, we were just kids!

Best wishes ...Rik

#139422 - 01/29/07 07:20 AM Re: Something else I've realised from the photographs [Re: RICK57]
EGL Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Yes, Rik, and that's well worth noting. All of these pics show innocent boys who wanted nothing more than to just be a boy. I'm often struck by the commonality we all share here, particularly when it comes to the after-effects. While all our stories differ in details, the effects are often similar for everyone -- isolation, shame, fear, self-esteem issues, etc. I think one of the things that helped me the most in coming here was realizing that all these effects were normal for what I had been through. Knowing that helped tremendously so that I no longer felt like such a freak.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.