Newest Members
Anony_mous, Drew6991x, Miro, jj843, The Abyss
12364 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Bear (42), BoyNoMore (56), Daniel_05 (40), James Landrith (44), john kay (41)
Who's Online
3 registered (Don Laufersweiler, CCDC, LPC, 2 invisible), 23 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12364 Members
74 Forums
63542 Topics
443966 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#13950 - 04/21/06 11:32 PM Re: Treating sex offenders
RICK57 Offline

Loc: ENGLAND
Mark - thanks - that explanation gives me much more clarity of what you are attempting to achieve.

I hope that someday the powers that be, will recognise that people are living longer, and staying fit throughout their lifetime...that means that they can be a risk at any age!

If someone over 65 is deemed not to be a risk, why is it that we have some men of a 'risk free age' still fathering children! Example...Des O'Connor, fathering a child in his 70's (he's not a risk anyone..if you do an internet search on him, don't buy his records,... it's your ears that will be in danger).

I remember as a child, anyone around 40 looked ancient (they still do on photographs that I have from that time). A 40 year old then would look like a sprightly 80 year old now!

Mark do what you can - we can only support you in that! You are obviously in a position to monitor if any of them attempt to apply inappropriate behaviour!

Best wishes ...Rik

#13951 - 04/22/06 01:12 PM Re: Treating sex offenders
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Mark,

age should not be a barrier to offenders sentencing.
Lets face it, these pensioners have been doing it for years, they dont just start at an elderly age.

I do not believe they can be cured, only monitored, but they have a lot more time on their hands than the authorities, and can easily evade detection by switching tactics.

What I found in years of working with peoples problems, is just how gullible people can be.
In Riks case, Fowler did not get a fair trial!
He got the outcome he never expected.

I cannot think why the judge never gave him custody, but judges try to keep things within the public purse!
Money stops Rik getting a fair trial by jury, and it is turned into a farce by a barrister.

What bothers me, is that he will be on a sex offenders course, which will give him access to other "gentlemen" of the same persuasion.
And no, none of these perps have a mental prob.

They have control problems, and want the power over innocence like they have always had.

Thats my two cents,

ste

#13952 - 04/22/06 02:21 PM Re: Treating sex offenders
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Too old to go to prison, too old to treat at public expense, gentleman, indiscretion, yada yada yada. It's like the Lefave case where she was actually deemed "too beautiful" for jail.

Sometimes I wonder if the world is just going insane. I marvel at your patience in coping with the system Mark.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#13953 - 04/26/06 08:43 PM Re: Treating sex offenders
Morning Star Offline

Loc: Home
Mark,

you are the first person I have come across here that works untiredly for the children who would have got hurt otherwise.

Throwing away sex offenders at the fringes of the society is a far bigger crime than ignoring them altogether as it endangers those people who live at the fringes of the society themselves.

And that is what makes your job all the more special as you dont allow your own sense of unhealedness to prevent you from working with sex offenders, rather it inspires you to do the same.

Hats off to you for sticking on in a system that overwhelms us just as onlookers, and thank you sticking on when it is so easy to become a victim yourself and ignore that your presence in there is stopping from more kids from joining the ranks of victims. God knows, how many children you might have saved today.

And to be the saviour you never really had, is truly inspiring.

Though I dont know much about your mind, but I can say for sure that your heart has healed my friend as I can see your soul shining thru, each day.

Why Don't People Heal, by Caroline Myss; 30 days to clean up your vibrations - Abraham-Hicks

#13954 - 04/27/06 12:20 AM Re: Treating sex offenders
mark250676 Offline

Loc: England
Everyone on this board is amazing!

We've been through one of the worst things that can happen to anyone and we haven't kept quite.

Thats what helps me.

When I said earlier that I viewed the offenders as worthless. I was wrong. What I was trying to say is when you take the offender away from the imensense pain they caused to all of us you realise why they abused children. Because they prey on the vulnerable. Yeah it sounds obvious but to see it in reality opens your eyes.

We are adults and don't abuse kids or vulnerable people. We have won!

That is power!

Mark

#13955 - 04/27/06 03:49 AM Re: Treating sex offenders
Morning Star Offline

Loc: Home
Yes I see that so clear and 'mark' that your extra ordinary compassion is the gift of lack of compassion you have felt in the past and that is where your healing takes a leap from all of us here, who are still thinking of executing their abusers without even knowing why they did, what they did and thus miss an opportunity to learn from their inhumanity, the greatest lesson of compassion we could ever get.

It was sign of their own powerlessness when they tried to overpower innocent children, and not power.

True power is of compassion, forgiveness and willingness to change and yes letting go of the past. Surprisingly few people want that kind of power, most are happy being a victim, because it allows them to be powerful by relinquishing their power over tomorrow, and keeps them rooted in the blame game, and anger the supplement they get from it each day.

You have been an inspiration once again, thank you.

Why Don't People Heal, by Caroline Myss; 30 days to clean up your vibrations - Abraham-Hicks

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.