Newest Members
GKB, MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS, BookHouseBoy
12465 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cyrus (44), Dupe1978 (36), James_Is_Talking (36), K-man (58), LordShiningStarr (36), ricky (51), Shawn Hope (29), teresa (42), Warner82 (32)
Who's Online
2 registered (tbkkfile, 1 invisible), 21 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12465 Members
74 Forums
63998 Topics
446693 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#138896 - 01/24/07 08:14 PM How do you maintain your sanity?
onefastbike Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Toronto
Being a former Sniper I only thought it natural that I take up hunting.

I went out and bought a SWEET Winchester Model 70 Heavy Varmit with synhetic stock ect..

Got a Moose tag and off I went in to the deep bush of the North. I came across a HUGE Bull. I had an easy 200 yard shot. I lined him up in my cross hairs and I couldn't do it. It was WAY too easy. Then it struck me. If I were to kill this animal I would be the last person to ever experience it's beauty.

I traded in my my rifles (had to keep the pistols) and decided that I would still hunt wildlife, but now I use a Canon.

CLICK IMAGE

Edited by onefastbike (01/24/07 08:15 PM)

#138899 - 01/24/07 08:24 PM Re: How do you maintain your sanity? [Re: onefastbike]
shadowkid Offline
WARNING from ModTeam, September 2013: user "Shadowkid" was exposed as a hoaxer. His entire online persona and stories of sexual abuse were fiction. We encourage you not to become emotionally concerned by anything you see in any of his posts. Thank you
MaleSurvivor

very cool post!there are lots of ways to hunt without the killing part ,cool! i love the woods and know tracking trapping and hunting ,heh i hunt ginseng ,and like my ancesters i only take what i need and i say a prayer over each plant i dig . in the deep woods is the only place i truely feel safe ,cause there are no people there ,

#138906 - 01/24/07 08:51 PM Re: How do you maintain your sanity? [Re: shadowkid]
onefastbike Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: shadowkid
very cool post!there are lots of ways to hunt without the killing part ,cool! i love the woods and know tracking trapping and hunting ,heh i hunt ginseng ,and like my ancesters i only take what i need and i say a prayer over each plant i dig . in the deep woods is the only place i truely feel safe ,cause there are no people there ,

EXACTLY!

#138931 - 01/24/07 11:49 PM Re: How do you maintain your sanity? [Re: onefastbike]
melliferal Offline
MaleSurvivor

Working with my bees helps keep me even. In the winter (when they're not around), I like to draw.

Oprah's resources for male survivors

#138934 - 01/25/07 12:22 AM Re: How do you maintain your sanity? [Re: melliferal]
cpt. confusion Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: midwest
awesome post onefastbike...thanks for sharing your wildlife pics. A much better way to hunt them, i definitely agree. Sometimes i go fishing in the northwoods of wisconsin, and the lakes, trees and wildlife there are breathtakingly amazing. theres something about fiishing in the same lakes that bald eagles fish (right next to me even!) that brings me an unmatchable peace in my soul. wish i could be out there every day. The only thing I'm working on is getting a nice clear picture of the eagles... they're tricky to get! maybe when i do i'll share as well \:\)

peace,
-cpt.

*WoR Alum
Sequoia I-March '11
Alta II, September '11

#138959 - 01/25/07 06:30 AM Re: How do you maintain your sanity? [Re: cpt. confusion]
onefastbike Offline
MaleSurvivor

I think that spending time alone in nature is very important to the healing process. When you look around and see all the beauty, and how peacful life can be it helps you realize that monsters aren't lurking around ever corner.

I also discovered as I typed this post that ALL my greatest joys are solitary. (well except maybe sex..lol)

I love SCUBA (so peaceful) and I love riding my motorcycles. Noone can talk to you when you are under water or on your bike..

On an side note: here is a link to a photography site that I contribute to. These are some GREAT Bald Eagel pics.

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/500492

#138962 - 01/25/07 07:01 AM Re: How do you maintain your sanity? [Re: onefastbike]
AshSurvived Offline

Loc: Australia
Beautiful pics.

- Harvey Pekar to David Letterman
(American Splendour)

#138971 - 01/25/07 09:20 AM Re: How do you maintain your sanity? [Re: AshSurvived]
Nobbynobs Offline
MaleSurvivor

Wow Ken, you have a gift. These are breathtaking pics. Guess that sniper training paid off.

I gave up hunting many years ago for pretty much the same reasons you did. I still love shooting though. I pretty much stuck to shotguns, although I love shooting rifles too. I always found it very relaxing, but I gave it up when I moved to the city.

I was invited to join a handgun club the other day so I might get back into the sport. Sounds like a good club, although I hear it's full of ex CF special forces so the competition will be tough. ;\)

- Mel Brooks

#138980 - 01/25/07 10:28 AM Re: How do you maintain your sanity? [Re: Nobbynobs]
Paul1959 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NYC
OFB - Great pics! I envy your experiences with the wildlife. I used to live in Maine and miss that aspect of life. Thanks for the reminder of how beautiful a world we live in.
Paul

#138985 - 01/25/07 11:41 AM Re: How do you maintain your sanity? [Re: Paul1959]
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
I hate hunters and too feel safe in woods.
There is beauty in every animal, especially
game birds.
Love the pics.

This is a group that I help maintain.

[url]http://flickr.com/groups/voices/[/url]

Beware of this wild critter!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.