Newest Members
Barracuda312, Just Hanging, mossTI, E35, 1975
12339 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
GeneF48 (66), kun wang (32)
Who's Online
3 registered (wild_turky, 2 invisible), 15 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12339 Members
74 Forums
63434 Topics
443441 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#138826 - 01/24/07 07:48 AM Re: Please post DB or chat room questions here!!! [Re: WalkingSouth]
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

Loc: New Jersey
Thanks John. Even as a little girl I always loved eore. He was always so sad, but loved by everyone in the Wood anyway. I bet Freud would have a field day with that one, huh? ;\)

Brent, I get confused by the new pm layout too. Maybe just adding colors to differentiate between sent and received pm's would help.

ROCK ON......Trish

#138827 - 01/24/07 07:50 AM Re: Please post DB or chat room questions here!!! [Re: Trish4850]
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

One more thing about the pm's; you don't see what has been read or not either. I kinda liked that feature.

ROCK ON.....Trish

#138836 - 01/24/07 09:47 AM Re: Please post DB or chat room questions here!!! [Re: WalkingSouth]
Nobbynobs Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Toronto
John is that a bowtie you're wearing? I have seen smaller propellers on transport planes. :p

- Mel Brooks

#138844 - 01/24/07 11:26 AM Re: Please post DB or chat room questions here!!! [Re: Nobbynobs]
Curtis St. John Offline
Past President
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Westchester, N.Y.
Hey Gang,

I’m glad I checked in because the signature was an issue for me too ‘cause mine’s a link most of the space was taken by code and I had to dump Bob Marley for a simple Curtis and I was sad until now.

I had the firewall thing happen this morning so I logged off and back in and I was fine…And I’m confident I won’t have to make a habit of that in the future.

I like the new pm system because it’s more like a private forum area where you can edit or even post to your own ‘sent’ items and you have the reply count there. I think the only thing missing is the ability to see if they’ve been read.

I’m digging the cool new avatar choices!

I like the shout box but I started clearing some out because I thought I was only sort of deleting ‘read’ items from my screen but I have a sneaking suspicion that as an admin I may have been deleting them for everyone… so I stopped.

I know BT is up 24hrs a day on this and in chat getting feedback and fixing bugs. Change is hard but I’m glad we’re moving forward!

Cheers!

PS if we could get a spell check in here that would be the icing on the cake 'cause I have to cut and paste from word (except my laptop which has google spell check on the toolbar)

#138849 - 01/24/07 12:24 PM Re: Please post DB or chat room questions here!!! [Re: Curtis St. John]
batcountry Offline

Loc: the ether
the chat room is way too resource intensive for my computer. i now cannot use it.. can you think about getting a less bulky version that those of us with old computers can use? it really sucks that i can't use it anymore...

also i was having the issue with the firewall thing but apparently it's gone now.

#138855 - 01/24/07 02:21 PM Re: Please post DB or chat room questions here!!! [Re: Curtis St. John]
Nobbynobs Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Toronto
Curtis, the new version of Firefox has a built in spell checker.

- Mel Brooks

#138873 - 01/24/07 05:42 PM Re: Please post DB or chat room questions here!!! [Re: WalkingSouth]
BT Offline

Loc: Chicago IL

When you log on to the DB any forums that have a new post since your last visit will have a yellow pages indicated rather than white pages.

When you open the forum each thread that has a new post will show a yellow folder rather than a white folder.

When you go to a thread with a new post the first new post will be the one displayed. If you go to a forum with no new post the first post will be the first post in the thread.

Posts that are new since your last visit will also have a "new" button on the top left of the post.

I know there have been some suggestions to make it clearer as to identifying new posts. I am not sure what anyone means or is suggesting. After making sure you know how the system works please let me know what your are wanting and be as specific as you can in your de>

#138886 - 01/24/07 07:06 PM Re: Please post DB or chat room questions here!!! [Re: BT]
Curtis St. John Offline
Past President
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Westchester, N.Y.
hey, I just found that if you open a pm you can see if it's been read!

I feel complete now hahahaha

#138887 - 01/24/07 07:32 PM Re: Please post DB or chat room questions here!!! [Re: batcountry]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Nobs,

it's a bow tie for sure! Very IN at the time I wore it! And I had just had 6 inches cut off the length of my hair the day before! Awesome times they were! :P

#138889 - 01/24/07 07:37 PM Re: Please post DB or chat room questions here!!! [Re: WalkingSouth]
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

Curtis, very cool. I just found the note at the bottom of the pm that indicates whether it has been read or not. Now I'm happy too.

Brent, are you suggesting that we pay attention to the board before we make suggestions on how to fix what you've already fixed? Hrmph - the nerve! \:D
ROCK ON........Trish

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.