Newest Members
dspwilson, Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated
12384 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
4gettingthepast4 (32), DougL (53), Jeff38 (48), lfp (27), pats121 (75), Texan (57), zer0sleep (35)
Who's Online
1 registered (Frm73), 23 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12384 Members
74 Forums
63653 Topics
444537 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#13859 - 11/26/01 11:50 PM Feeling a little stressed.....
Stephen_5 Offline
BoD Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Northern California Foothills
Thing haven't been going too well lately for me or my family. Work has been very stressful, my wife was in the hospital for 6 days when she went in for some outpatient tests, our health insurance isn't paying the bills, I'm not taking care of things on the homefront (bills, taxes, etc.), I'm feeling overwhelmed. My pancreas finally died and I'm on insulin all the time now. I don't really give a damn about anything right now. It takes everything I've got to get up and go to work everyday. My insurance isn't paying for my therapist (he's no longer on the plan) and I have to get a new one. I have to change insurance carriers, get a new primary Dr. and go through all that mess all over again.

I'm just bitching and moaning, venting about things that seem to be coming down around my ears.

Steve

#13860 - 11/27/01 09:01 AM Re: Feeling a little stressed.....
SoCalJohn Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Los Angeles, California
Steve,

Medical challenges, ugh. I have had my share of those and then some.

you look like i need a hug,,, [john] hugs steve

Hang in there, things keep changing and as long as your breathing your doing something right.

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

John

I asked him about this law he spoke of, he said,,, *watch* he then asked the others to share about their lives,,, the others talked of how things were for them, how things worked in their lives,,, and as they believed, it was so.

#13861 - 11/27/01 10:46 AM Re: Feeling a little stressed.....
Anonymous
Unregistered

Steve,
hang in there! We all feel for ya,

Chad

#13862 - 11/30/01 02:10 AM Re: Feeling a little stressed.....
Brian B14 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York
Hi Steve,

I'm sorry to hear that things aren't working out for you right now. Sometimes life just isn't fair. I will say a prayer for you and your family. Keep fighting - don't let that "little scout" down!

God Bless,

Brian

#13863 - 12/01/01 04:26 PM Re: Feeling a little stressed.....
Stephen_5 Offline
BoD Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Thank you John, Chad and you too Brian!

I'm taking better care of myself and things are looking up a bit.

I'll post more when I get some more time.

Take good care of yourselves,

Steve

#13864 - 12/05/01 04:47 PM Re: Feeling a little stressed.....
Stephen_5 Offline
BoD Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
It's me again, just giving a bit of an update. There was a big RIF here today at work. We lost about 30% of the people that worked here. I survived. I'll have a new job, working for a new manager, in a new department with new responsibilities and of course a short time table to produce some results. To tell the truth, all the feelings going through my mind right now are almost overwhelming. I'm upset for all the good friends that are no longer here. I'm angry that some idiots are still here. I'm grateful that I'm still here. I'm anxious about the future. If I can make it through this without doing something stupid, I'll have accomplished something.

I'm really aware that at times like this I'm tempted to spiral down into a depression and just make matters worse than they already are. I'm trying to look at the positive aspects. I called my therapist and talked to him for a bit. He reminded me of the old story about the optimistic child who, when confronted with a large pile of horse manure, excitedly said "There must be a pony in there somewhere!" So I guess I just need to find that darn pony!

Take good care of yourselves, I promise to take good care of me too. Thanks for all the support and just being there to read my random rantings.

Steve

#13865 - 12/05/01 04:59 PM Re: Feeling a little stressed.....
Brian B14 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York
Hi Steve,

Hang in there, bud!! Take good care of yourself. I'm here if you need someone to talk to.

God bless,

Brian

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.