Newest Members
mojo, James M, FredM88, Vermona, Jas52
12111 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
chrisH (34), Malaki619 (32), worcester2003 (51)
Who's Online
6 registered (shockwaver, kcinohio, Cam76, I Want 2 Thrive, peroperic2009, 1 invisible), 71 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12111 Members
73 Forums
62499 Topics
438056 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#13739 - 08/24/06 06:45 PM WOW what a turn around
thetraveller Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: England
At the start of this year I was a mess. I had split up with my girlfriend of 4 years, I was using drugs/alchohol heavily and I was having flashbacks a few times a day. I was pretty depressed and as a result I lost my job. I have been un-employed ever since.

I have recently made some good progress feeling a lot better about myself and the world around me. I have also managed to cut back my drug/alchohol intake to miniscule levels compared to previously.

I have been applying for jobs for the last month. and I have now been offered 3 jobs. I can't believe it. This is a massive boost for me and I can't tell you how much better this makes me feel about myself. I have to decide which one to take and let them all know by tomorrow.

Just wanted to share this news with you all.

Finding this place and you guys have all played a big part in making me feel worth while and giving me the confidence to get on with living life.

Thanks

Craig

#13740 - 08/24/06 07:23 PM Re: WOW what a turn around
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Craig,

That's all great news and I'm so happy for you. It just goes to show that even when things seem to be bottoming out really badly, we can still summon up the determination, courage and other resources that we need to fight back. It's just wonderful when we see an example of that in real life.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#13741 - 08/24/06 09:55 PM Re: WOW what a turn around
theo Offline
MaleSurvivor

craig,
\:D \:D it was great to hear how things are turning around for you. i know there have been so many times when in the deepest depths of PTSD, et al, that i i just "knew" things were going to fall apart completely...yet, somehow, it always came together. not the way i wanted, or as much as i wanted, but it still stayed together. that is why we are survivors \:D

- It is gift, and gift will find its way
- I inherit through my choice. I build through my affirmation. It is through my freedom that I nurture, or fade into autonomy
- I was not given to serve life, but to embrace it

#13742 - 08/25/06 12:38 AM Re: WOW what a turn around
RICK57 Offline

Loc: ENGLAND
Craig - thats what I like to hear! Print this page off and frame it on your wall! If you have a down day, you can remind yourself that you got 3 positive responses when you expected none!!

Just make sure you respond to all 3 offers in the right way...don't burn any bridges!

Best wishes ...Rik

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.