Newest Members
GoodKiwi, Naeno, stillhere35, RKS, Albertus
12557 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
2dayistheday (34), 4LaurenAline2 (48), akn (61), barrington (65), Gideonfl (52), James Michael (57), Obi (44), tu (46), Vedder32 (34), yoga_mom (46)
Who's Online
4 registered (WontGiveUp, Bardo, 2 invisible), 14 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12557 Members
73 Forums
64443 Topics
450117 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#13611 - 09/17/03 10:40 PM Worcester, MA
worcester2003 Offline

Loc: Sutton, MA
Hello everyone,

I am a victim/survivor from Worcester MA.. My perp "priest" was coward enough to drop dead a few years back. He raped me for nearly 2-1/2 years while I was in high school during the early 80's. I am a regular contributor to the SNAP site, thought I'd check out your site as well...RP
\:\(

#13612 - 09/17/03 11:28 PM Re: Worcester, MA
Bill_1965 Offline
Chat Mod Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Flint, Michigan
Welcome worcester2003,

I am sorry that you had to find sites like MS and SNAP, and I am glad that you are looking for and finding the help you need.

You will find a great bunch of guys here.

I see that you are a clergy survivor located in MA. MS-NOMSV has an upcoming retreat in Leyden MA in October that is geared towards survivors of clergy abuse, check it out.

It looks like we are about the same age, I was in high school in the early 80's ('80-'83).

Bill

#13613 - 09/18/03 12:01 AM Re: Worcester, MA
ScottyTodd Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Pennsylvania
Welcome worchesterMA...I am glad you found us and shared with us on the board. Several guys I know were/are victims of "priest" (clergy) abuse. I say were because some have become involved in SNAP and other resources and are actively pursuing healing. I say are because a number of them also refuse help and chase "the bottle" or some other fleeting comfort which is very sad and upsetting.

From knowing them, I can see the deep, utter destructive aftermath in each of their lives. I am very glad SNAP is working with these folks.

I am a survivor as well but no clergy involved only several male and female perps over 8+ yrs.
Things are looking much better for me at this point in my recovery and healing.

Glad you can join us and share. I encourage you to look around and take and give support as you are able! I've found a lot of help here among these guys!!

Howard

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.