Newest Members
Xr2, clt, Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung
12371 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
drivejoepublic (44), eagle299 (43), H18 (21), JJJ (43), mariposaman (63), SevenTwoTwo76 (39), TexAgMan (37), waiter (44), wgwarch (55)
Who's Online
3 registered (Xr2, I Want 2 Thrive, 1 invisible), 37 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12371 Members
74 Forums
63589 Topics
444235 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#143042 - 02/24/07 11:45 AM Re: Prozac Fear [Re: markgreyblue]
batcountry Offline

Loc: the ether
i was on prozac, they should rename it "side effects"

#143070 - 02/24/07 03:45 PM Re: Prozac Fear [Re: markgreyblue]
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Its funny how docs think it is a cure, and you will just get better etx.
I am on Celexa, 40mg which makes me pretty zombie like, but at 20mg it was impossible to adjust.

The brain is unique, and what works for one, may be bad for another.
I just wish none of us had to be on them in the first place,

ste

#144010 - 03/04/07 02:43 PM Re: Prozac Fear [Re: reality2k4]
Logan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NY
I have been on most of the SSRI's and SNRI's but prozac still works the best for me. I think that it is just the way in which one tolerates the meds, or so I have been told.

I take it for anxiety and complex type PTSD which, unfortunately, is not that uncommon around here. I still have PRN's of klonopin for panic attacks and I some times have an over exgerated startle respones-that one really sucks. Its like i jump 2 feet when I get startled and get all shaky which i try to hide.

The prozac's main side effect for me and many other guy i hear is delayed ejacultion, but I don't mind that so much.

There is no panacea or silver bullet that will be the cure. There is just healing and that is a process. albeit, sometime a very difficult and scary process.

I don't want this to sound bad or mean but it really does feel good not to be alone in dealing with this stuff. I know that I spent too many agonizing years with this alone.

take care brothers
-Logan

-Blade Runner

#146901 - 03/24/07 11:27 PM Re: Prozac Fear [Re: Logan]
skingraph Offline

I have taken a lot of meds in my career,prozac,celexa,zyprexa,closazpine,remoron,seroquel,trazodone,effexor,and a few others.Most of them have to many side effects,specially weight gain,and weight gain just really drives me nuts.
Dont take anything now accept for seroquel for sleep at night,hasn't been giving me any weight gain soo its ok.You might say thats a anti psychotic it is,it helps me forget about what happened to me 27 years ago when i try to sleep,better than nothing i guess.Most of the other drugs for me,side effects,always the same out come,nothing changes.
But you know drugs effect everybody a little differently,though i admit remoron was the worst one of them all,a doctor who prescribes that too you ,must want you to hate him or her.

#146902 - 03/24/07 11:33 PM Re: Prozac Fear [Re: skingraph]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

I'll agree with you on the Remeron, skingraph. half of one knocked me for a loop for 2 days. Never took another!

John

#147002 - 03/25/07 07:07 PM Re: Prozac Fear [Re: WalkingSouth]
jamie' Offline

Loc: Ont, Can
Well they concentrate chemicals which affect the brain. Its all chemical....may not "fix" anything but some aid with behaviors and feelings and such.

I hate medication, simply loath it. I can handle the side effect and as with most medications you get 2-weeks to 2-months of side effecs before they start to do there thing...and even then its not sure wheather that medication will help you.

Prozac sucked ball's. I just stopped taking it. I'm currently prescribed prozac for its anti-anxiety effects, and an antipsychotic which i refuse to take most the time and a potent anti-anxiety, something like a vailum called lorazapam...which kicks ass. Any troubles i pop like 4 of those and i'm numb.

Edited by jamie' (03/25/07 07:11 PM)

#151239 - 04/16/07 10:30 PM Re: Prozac Fear [Re: jamie']
Logan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NY
they won't give me valium anymore since i'm a (newly) recovering addict but it really does work great but its also very addictive.

I get seroquel to take at night, yes its true that it is an antipsychotic or so its listed but the doseges presribed sleep are well out of that use range.

for psychosis the range is between 600mg-3g per dium
for sleep: 25mg-100mg is the ussuall
I Take 50mg and I think it is great. It like, turns your brain off. I think that is the best way I can describe it.

Logan

-Blade Runner

#158993 - 05/29/07 11:03 PM Re: Prozac Fear [Re: markgreyblue]
grover Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Tennessee
Prozac worked wonders for me! Thoughts stopped racing. I felt normal again.

Just remember each drug works differently on different people. Tell someone you trust that you are starting a new drug. If you start having negative side-effects, then you will have someone that can honestly confront you so you can try something different.

#159089 - 05/30/07 01:54 PM Re: Prozac Fear [Re: thwap]
new_work_111 Offline
New Here

Loc: California
I took Prozac 20mg for several years and it worked better than any other SSRI. It made me feel good, although I was slightly out of control and would make decisions without thinking things through completely.

It was extremely difficult when I stopped taking it. I got more depressed than I had ever been and had suicidal tendencies. In retrospect, I find that it masked the symptoms of childhood abuse that I could not face.

My advice would be to discuss it further with the person that prescribed it to you before trying it. Mention that you heard it is a temporary fix and that the withdrawal symptoms are difficult.

#171582 - 08/07/07 07:00 AM Re: Prozac Fear [Re: markgreyblue]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2.5 NATO Nations
I remembered seening this thread and just HAD to dig it up.

If you know me, you know that I suffer(ed) from frequent and horrible flashbacks and DID. Ever since I've been on a 60 mg dose of Prozac, my symptoms have decreased to nearly non-existant!

Addditionally, this is the first time in my life I have lived withOUT dark depression. So I'm all for Prozac (and I am unsually FULLY against taking per>

The Aftermath Video

The Water Buffalo Song

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.