Newest Members
GKB, MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS, BookHouseBoy
12465 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cyrus (44), Dupe1978 (36), James_Is_Talking (36), K-man (58), LordShiningStarr (36), ricky (51), Shawn Hope (29), teresa (42), Warner82 (32)
Who's Online
3 registered (tbkkfile, Banjo596, CheerfulJohn), 23 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12465 Members
74 Forums
63998 Topics
446694 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#135136 - 11/03/06 04:01 AM tired and uninspired
blueelectron9 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Victoria, BC Canada
what a great idea for a forum! i see how i can log on and see this area and get reminded that male survivors can do healthy things to aid in the recovery process.

had therapy today where i talked about how overwhelmingly tired i've been and how i look at my homework like i've never seen it before. i may hold a 'part' that collects all of the tireeness and anxiety and overwhelming feelings. bloodwork suggests that things are okay with my thyroid.

so, in spite of being so tired and overwhelmed, i decided to hold off on my homework and go for a bikeride to the beach. it was sunny and cool and it seemed like all the songs coming up in shuffle mode on my mp3 pkayer were made by a playlist from god (i don't believe in god or devils, but it conveys a spiritual connection in the moment).

i got to school early to work on homework and found that i really wasn't behind. i'm so glad i decided to do something nice for myself. i'm aleady feeling less overwhelmed as i wait for class to start.

thanks,
scott

#135137 - 11/10/06 09:14 PM Re: tired and uninspired
Brian Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Upstate NY
Scott,

I'm glad that you are taking care of yourself. That is a huge step in our recovery that many of us don't really focus on. I think it's important to work on all areas of our lives including physical and emotional issues. Thanks for sharing!

Recovery is Possible!

Brian

#135138 - 11/10/06 09:30 PM Re: tired and uninspired
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Scott, the way to go, just take the bike and ride away, I do too.

Sounds like you really are finding your inner self and worth,

ste

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.